1964 Valiant Signet Split seat benches

-

jedindl

Reaction score
Has anyone ever run across one that was factory?

I had a 64 signet with a bench, but it had been redone, and I am not sure if it came with the split bench or buckets.

Just curious......I would like to have a proper looking factory signet split bench, but not sure if the animal ever existed.

Valiant Signets and Dart GTs came with buckets. Valiant V100 and V200 and Dart 170 and 270 2-doors came with a split-back bench.

In ‘66 on the Signet a bench for front seat was standard, it was split for rear seat access, with bucket seats being an option.
‘64 & ‘65 we’re different with the Signet having bucket seats.

Our 1963 signet 200 came to us with a bench seat.

Upon removing the seat and carpet, it's obvious that it was an add on because the bucket seat mounting holes were in the floor.

And 63 signet 200s only came with buckets.

this came from a 63 I believe.
glhvppzWaiZEp4wcIkvycqGVUkBObFKe_i80SADGshNSKCj7flEVBcfYNaChAOFyEgbzuUmt3q6KbwTgfLA=w603-h804-no.jpg

what year would you guess, maybe recovered? They are in that truck right now, perfect fit and much more bolster than the soggy foam Mazda seats they replaced.

what year would you guess, maybe recovered? They are in that truck right now, perfect fit and much more bolster than the soggy foam Mazda seats they replaced.

They maybe from a ‘63, my point is that the upholstery is not standard ‘63 factory style. 50 plus year old cars can have all kinds of post factory modifications.

Picture of a ‘63 bench from a Valiant brochure.

A9151DA1-1FAE-4A0F-89F8-0437081066F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Buckets had the reinforcing brackets welded to floor right. True someone could cut some out of another car, add those and buckets. Otherwise, I have no idea!!

OK, how about a 64 Valiant? Actually this is close but mine doesnt have the smooth part under the butt.

pm1964valiant56242553.jpg

Has anyone ever run across one that was factory?

I had a 64 signet with a bench, but it had been redone, and I am not sure if it came with the split bench or buckets.

Just curious......I would like to have a proper looking factory signet split bench, but not sure if the animal ever existed.
Was your 64 a manual trans? I'm installing a v8/a-833 (New Process shifter) manual in CUDAVRT, and I'd like to keep the original split bench seat.
Thanks,
Stroker

Was your 64 a manual trans? I'm installing a v8/a-833 (New Process shifter) manual in CUDAVRT, and I'd like to keep the original split bench seat.
Thanks,
Stroker

I don’t have a 64 Signet style split bench. This thread was asking if anyone has seen one. In summary it looks as though there weren’t any. What I may do now is create one based on the upholstery styles for a 64 Signet.

-
Back