1965 273 timing marks

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Could somebody post a pic of the timing marks on a 1965 273. Mine in my dart is pretty crusty having a hard time seeing it. Thanks Dustin

Could somebody post a pic of the timing marks on a 1965 273. Mine in my dart is pretty crusty having a hard time seeing it. Thanks Dustin

Try this, find the marks and clean them up, then take some kind of white marker, or white paint on a toothpick and mark the groves to highlight them. They should show up well under the timing light when the engine is running. I've done that with my cars and it really helps.

Try this, find the marks and clean them up, then take some kind of white marker, or white paint on a toothpick and mark the groves to highlight them. They should show up well under the timing light when the engine is running. I've done that with my cars and it really helps.

Thanks for the tip the numbers are slightly readable now. I think I'm just going slowly blind. Dustin

I would and if this was my car I WOULD get/ make a piston stop and verify that TDC is actually accurate

I've had this homemade one since the early seventies. Nowadays, you can just buy them.

attachment.php

If you send me your email in a PM, I can take some close-ups of a clean timing mark indicator that I will be using on my 65 273

-
Back