1965 Barracuda door issue

Early A-Body Discussions

1. Robert Corrigan

Robert Corrigan Detroit Rob

Local Time:
    1:49 AM
    Wondered if someone could clear something up about a door correct issue. So I bought a supposed 1965 dart door for my 1965 Barracuda but the lock cylinder hole is circular but my Barracuda other door is a small hole with a notch. Wondered what I really have here and if I’m screwed because the dart door is ready for paint. I’m kicking my self for not checking the cylinder hole earlier. I was told even though a dart door it would still work fine. Let me know and thanks.

2. 65 Dartman

65 Dartman FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    What you have is a 66 door and other than the lock cylinder opening, it will work and fit just fine. I’m not positive about the glass but the basic door will be OK

EDIT: If you gotta have a 65 door, I have both a passenger and driver loaded door that cane off a 65 Barracuda

3. Michael Brisebois

Michael Brisebois FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    We certainly do go to extremes, don't we!

When we were kids, we would have put anything that fits the hole and loved it.

I'm that way as well. I don't a screw for the hole...I want THE screw for the hole.

I understand your frustrations after getting it ready for paint, but if you have a buddy that points that out as an "inconsistency"....he's really "no buddy" at all.

Opinion humbly offered...even if it wasn't asked for

4. 65 Dartman

65 Dartman FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I’ll add a little something - chances are, only you will know the door locks are different. Only if both doors are wide open will you or anyone else see the locks are a little different (slightly smaller on the 66-later locks.

5. Robert Corrigan

Robert Corrigan Detroit Rob

Local Time:
    Sounds like I’m hosed. Guess I’ll have to weld in a patch then cut the proper sized hole in the door. Other then the hole will the 65’ windows and guts fit? I have other doors that have all the hardware and original cylinders and keys that I am planning on swapping hard ware from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.