1965 Barracuda door issue

-

65MagnumFish

65MagnumFish
Reaction score
Wondered if someone could clear something up about a door correct issue. So I bought a supposed 1965 dart door for my 1965 Barracuda but the lock cylinder hole is circular but my Barracuda other door is a small hole with a notch. Wondered what I really have here and if I’m screwed because the dart door is ready for paint. I’m kicking my self for not checking the cylinder hole earlier. I was told even though a dart door it would still work fine. Let me know and thanks.

What you have is a 66 door and other than the lock cylinder opening, it will work and fit just fine. I’m not positive about the glass but the basic door will be OK

EDIT: If you gotta have a 65 door, I have both a passenger and driver loaded door that cane off a 65 Barracuda

We certainly do go to extremes, don't we!

When we were kids, we would have put anything that fits the hole and loved it.

I'm that way as well. I don't a screw for the hole...I want THE screw for the hole.

I understand your frustrations after getting it ready for paint, but if you have a buddy that points that out as an "inconsistency"....he's really "no buddy" at all.

Opinion humbly offered...even if it wasn't asked for

I’ll add a little something - chances are, only you will know the door locks are different. Only if both doors are wide open will you or anyone else see the locks are a little different (slightly smaller on the 66-later locks.

What you have is a 66 door and other than the lock cylinder opening, it will work and fit just fine. I’m not positive about the glass but the basic door will be OK

EDIT: If you gotta have a 65 door, I have both a passenger and driver loaded door that cane off a 65 Barracuda

Sounds like I’m hosed. Guess I’ll have to weld in a patch then cut the proper sized hole in the door. Other then the hole will the 65’ windows and guts fit? I have other doors that have all the hardware and original cylinders and keys that I am planning on swapping hard ware from.

-
Back