1965 Dart GT conv.

-
Ulf. Again, Excellent work. It is great fun to watch your progress. Nice to see another Classic Dart saved for future generations to enjoy. By the way, I like your tricycle dolly
in moving your car around. I used four 6 inch casters on my cart. I can see that a tricyle cart would be much more manageable. sgrip65

Ulf. Again, Excellent work. It is great fun to watch your progress. Nice to see another Classic Dart saved for future generations to enjoy. By the way, I like your tricycle dolly
in moving your car around. I used four 6 inch casters on my cart. I can see that a tricyle cart would be much more manageable. sgrip65
Thanks! After the picture I found out that I have a flat! What is a caster?

Thanks! After the picture I found out that I have a flat! What is a caster?

Hi Ulf. A caster is short for a swivel caster. They are used on rolling scaffolding, tool carts, and etc. Basically, a wheel between a frame, and attached to a vertical stem....I will send a pic. I used them on my car dolly, my engine cart, and my rotisserie. Thanks. sgrip65

Hi Ulf. A caster is short for a swivel caster. They are used on rolling scaffolding, tool carts, and etc. Basically, a wheel between a frame, and attached to a vertical stem....I will send a pic. I used them on my car dolly, my engine cart, and my rotisserie. Thanks. sgrip65
Thanks for helping me out. I'm learning!
Today the hood vent on and got adjusted. The hood look mecanism is in place as well as door handles and the mecanism. But when started adding parts I had the chrome thing but not yhr thing on the doors. How ever I found the punch marks for drilleng the holes for the bolt and nut.
Anyone having the other parts for sale?
The mounting holes for the headlight switch on the floor was totally wrong. New was drilled and the switch installed.

20220203_205656.jpg

20220203_205747.jpg

20220203_205623.jpg

20220203_205632.jpg

20220203_205759.jpg

Ulf. I see you have the auxiliary door latches. I have a set of those from the 65 Valiant 'vert I parted. Your project looks just plain Great. It is fun to follow along. sgrip65

Sometimes there is two steps forward and one back. Today was that days. After checking out some sheet metal umder the rear seat with sealer I decided to get rid of it. Well 22 holes took my breath away. So cutting out the old panel and making a fresh sheet metal was the cure. I also welded the lower brackets holding the inside panel!!
On the left rear floor panel some one had added a new panel I didnt't see!!! I removed that one too. Next is to get some primer and a new shot of white paint.then I can try out the rear seat.

20220203_205617.jpg

20220205_173810.jpg

20220205_200550.jpg

How great is that!! Best to find those little troubles now and fix them as you go along. Again, nice job. sgrip65

I sort of wish I had my 65 Dart GT convertible! Thinking back comparing what needed to be done on it compared to what the 65 wagon needed was similar (other than swapping parts to make it a 2 door panel wagon

I sort of wish I had my 65 Dart GT convertible! Thinking back comparing what needed to be done on it compared to what the 65 wagon needed was similar (other than swapping parts to make it a 2 door panel wagon
That was way back. Remember when you sent me the letter with the picture of the convertible. That was 1984! Time sure does fly bye!
I thought your convertible was so good looking. I had that car as a model how I wanted my newly bought convertible to be.
It's alway's easy to regret selling or parting out a car.
This morning I did the testing of the rear seat and the panels. Two brackets needs to be removed a little bit then we're done.

20220206_094135.jpg

Last edited:
Mean, this is looking awesome! What's the color? WW1?
Yes, it's WW1.
Today I was able to add the sealer on the welded parts on the floor. Next was to psint the blackout behind the grille before the mounting took place. The headlights and bezels is mounted and checked too.
The candy canes and hood moulding is there. Next will be to paint the upper part of the door and the upper part of the inner quarter in red. Then filling up the doors and quarters with mecanism etc. Life is good.

20220210_184724.jpg

20220210_165618.jpg

20220210_184733.jpg

20220210_184738.jpg

20220210_184951.jpg

Yes, it's WW1.
Today I was able to add the sealer on the welded parts on the floor. Next was to psint the blackout behind the grille before the mounting took place. The headlights and bezels is mounted and checked too.
The candy canes and hood moulding is there. Next will be to paint the upper part of the door and the upper part of the inner quarter in red. Then filling up the doors and quarters with mecanism etc. Life is good.

View attachment 1715867646

View attachment 1715867647

View attachment 1715867648

View attachment 1715867649

View attachment 1715867650

That looks killer! Where have you been buying your paint? I'm thinking of going with WW1 for my 66 Dart since it was the original color. Is yours base/clear, or single stage?

Ulf, Very NICE. I need to black out behind the grill on both my 66 and 65. Don noticed this "Blackout" needed on my cars a few years ago. It will all get done....yours and my cars. sgrip65

Today was 45 minutes masking off areas and 5 minutes painting!! This will be a milestone for the interior. The vent window frames can be mounted as well as window regulators and door mecanisms.

20220211_165426.jpg

20220211_165435.jpg

20220211_165440.jpg

Hello Ulf. Again I will say Very Nice. It is exciting for you I'm sure. Can't beat your progress, but it is still a day at a time. Excellent. sgrip65

This morning I was a little excited to the result of the paint job from last night. It turned out great so now the work on the interior can carry on.
There is some small items that's missing but the hunt goes on!

20220212_072521.jpg

20220212_072540.jpg

I painted the upper door panel and frames the light blue as original while the doors were off the car. After they were dry, they got masked in preparation for the body color

D1D458F3-4082-4ECB-B3D4-B03639ED94E6.jpeg

Looks great Don! Do they repop the u-channel for sedan doors?

IDK but good chance Restoration Specialties might have it. Might have to send them a sample. I do know that the profile is the same for both 2 door sedans and 4 doors - just cut in the corners at A different spot for each one. FWIW the vent window assemblies are the same for 4 doors (including wagons) and 2 door sedans

IDK but good chance Restoration Specialties might have it. Might have to send them a sample. I do know that the profile is the same for both 2 door sedans and 4 doors - just cut in the corners at A different spot for each one. FWIW the vent window assemblies are the same for 4 doors (including wagons) and 2 door sedans
Detroit MT might have it?
This weekend I started adding the window mecanisms and the door opening mecanism. I found the rear mecanisms and they were in very good shape. So tomorrow I might be ready with all that stuff.

20220213_220234.jpg

20220213_220407.jpg

Detroit MT might have it?

No, Restorations Specialties in Windbar PA. You bought an 8ft length of catwhiskers for your DartCharger and had it shipped to me. I cut it in half abd shipped to you. I will be sending them a sample of my window channel for the wagon as I don’t want to use the old stuff if I can get new!

-
Back