1965 Dart GT Gauge Cluster

-
Will a 1965 Dart GT gauge cluster fit into a 66 Dart 270?
Only if you change the complete dash. wiring it is a bit different between the 2 also. 66 is a rectangle like this
DSCF4162.JPG

here is a 65 (I think it is anyway)
65 dart.jpg

Ok...thanks for the info, i guess I’m gonna have to make up something custom .. nobody makes anything aftermarket for the 66...

Not yet but it's on my list. wayyyyy down my list but still on it. It is going to blend into the radio/heater bezel and does fit in the opening (just barely on the 2 larger gauges if ya push hard.) and used the standard aftermarket size gauges.
round gauges for 66 dart 02.jpg

round gauges for 66 dart 01.jpg

round gauges for 66 dart.jpg

Wish I had a 3 D printer to make one...that looks like what I’m looking for!! I know a guy who will buy one off ya!!! Lol...

We have a 3 d printer but I would need the program (tool path) and the bezel is too long for many of the printer tables. It would have to be made in 2 pieces and glued together.

We have a 3 d printer but I would need the program (tool path) and the bezel is too long for many of the printer tables. It would have to be made in 2 pieces and glued together.
Wow...if we could make that happen I would pay you for your time and materials...How would one go about getting the program?

Wow...if we could make that happen I would pay you for your time and materials...How would one go about getting the program?
It would have to be written by someone that knows programming. I wish my youngest son, who actually owns a printer, would get off his butt and go to school for it. (dad talking there) LOL

20181028_202136.jpg

022.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had a 3 D printer to make one...that looks like what I’m looking for!! I know a guy who will buy one off ya!!! Lol...
I've got a 3d printer to prototype this stuff in (it's got to be split into parts to fit my bed) dang thing is long for the 3d printer!!!! I'm going to cut the first one out on my homebuilt CNC our of cutting board just to make final sizings for the gauges and fit to the radio bezel. just got done redoing the spoilboard and recutting the vacuum table pod setup on it. That way I can hold it down much better and get a better finish on the part.

20160504_130808.jpg

I have a local speed shop (S&W Race cars) that does 3D printing and they say that they can do the dash for me. Just need a cad file...

That's the million dollar question! There's no easy route, if there was everybody would have one...Lol..!!

I used ABS .I'm have the bezel being done with spectra chrome spray

Have You received a quote on the Spectra Chrome? and if so if You don't mind sharing, and who would be doing it? Interested in this myself and don't know anyone Spectra Chroming.

I think the price was $125 to Spectra chrome the bezel. I was not happy with the job and when went to paint the black on the bezel it the painter's tape peeled the Sprectra chrome off. I used a chrome paper wrap and bought it on ebay for $10. I only chrome wrapped the perimeter of the bezel

20190505_100622.jpg

20190505_100640.jpg

20190503_185751.jpg

20190505_100633.jpg

It sure looks good, nice job, what are you doing about the switches?

-
Back