1965 Dart Jack and tools

-

Bills65Dart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello to the people. :)

From what I understand, the jack on the 1965 Dodge Dart was painted grey. So, my question is, if I find a grey jack for a Mopar A body, can I consider it the right one ? Or was it several types ?

Then, was the car delivered with any tools ? Except the lug nut wrench that from what I understand was a part of the jack.
Or did Dodge sell a tool kit as an option, or at the dealers ?

Bill

Hello to the people. :)

From what I understand, the jack on the 1965 Dodge Dart was painted grey. So, my question is, if I find a grey jack for a Mopar A body, can I consider it the right one ? Or was it several types ?

Then, was the car delivered with any tools ? Except the lug nut wrench that from what I understand was a part of the jack.
Or did Dodge sell a tool kit as an option, or at the dealers ?

Bill
I will shoot some pictures on the jack tomorrow. There is a special hook, a grey plate if assembled in Los Angeles and a jack handle with a 3/4" lug!

I believe I still have the jack that came with a Detroit- built 65 Dart. I will take a look tomorrow.

I have seen grey jack bases that are used to secure the wheel in the spare tire well that do not fit the 60-72 center SBP wheel center register - they were for the LBP wheels

20191224_103247.jpg

I have owned this car for 40 years I don't think I've ever touched that Jack my granddad bought the car new I don't know how many times he used it other than once when he was on a fishing trip with my grandma and crossed a rickety bridge over a river and the tire fell through the bridge and he had to jack it up to get it out

And here is the jack and base from the Detroit-built 65 Dart GT I used to have.

0BFC1FF0-60A0-42A3-BECB-F8700FBDFE9C.jpeg

9A3A4057-CFA1-4304-A180-74E44311C739.jpeg

Thank you. I am not too good when it comes to abbreviations, it is not used in Norway like you do here in the US. So, unless I know what it means, I am rarely able to figure it out by myself. :D

How about other tools for the Mopar cars back in the 60ties ?

Bill

Thank you. I am not too good when it comes to abbreviations, it is not used in Norway like you do here in the US. So, unless I know what it means, I am rarely able to figure it out by myself. :D

How about other tools for the Mopar cars back in the 60ties ?

Bill
That all tools there was!

-
Back