1965 Dart window/door gaskets

-

Dartsun

Mopar Dude
Reaction score
Hello all I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get some window scrapers for my 1965 Dart GT. Mine are rotted out bad and doors fill with water. Thanks Dustin

Window scrapers? Sorry what are those. Doors will get water in them no matter what seals you have, you need to clear drain holes in the bottom of the doors. Its normal to get water in there. Are you talking about the "fuzzies"? The soft between the door and window?

I think you mean "window felts". I bought a set for my 1965 Dart 2-door, probably ebay. Still haven't finished painting so I can install them. Yes, it is "by design" that water runs inside the door and drains out the bottom. 1990's cars started using ones more like wiper blades that limit the water, but the door internals are still designed to tolerate water. That is why there is a "water shield" between the door and inner trim panel. Some sets don't come with clips and expect you to somehow transfer your old rusty clips onto the new ones.

Yeah window felts sounds like a better name for them. When I replaced them on an old Volvo they called them window scrapers lol. Thanks for the responses. Dustin

-
Back