-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffrey356

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
TRUE SURVIVOR! Solid body in excellent running condition. The Dart has 45K original miles. Dodge Dart 270 with the bullet proof 225 c.i. Slant 6. Rebuilt Holley carburetor Model No. 1920 series. New: paint and seals, tires, Cragar Mags. Reworked and upgraded everything under the hood. Added: electronic ignition to distributor, plus size radiator, starter, plugs and wires, hoses, heater core, carburetor linkage, Rebuilt Holley carburetor, battery and cables and drive shaft. Comes with Automatic 3 speed torqueflite A-904-G transmission. Standard - 3.23 rear end. Sprayed the engine bay and the underside body with protective undercoat. Absolutely no rust! New in box gray upholstery for install. For $1,500 you can get a 75% increase in horsepower with new in box accessories. Accessories include: 2bbl carburetor, accelerator pedal and linkage, 2bbl intake and exhaust manifolds and specialty split headers. New boxed front end suspension parts. Have original wheels and hubcaps. New in box digital retro radio. Comes with title and 2 year registration. Address: Cassville, MO, 65625. Asking $6,999 for the road ready Dart and $1.5K for accessories. If
Car-101543951-277916bb4efd9ec706cbf65839ac2890.jpg

20190705_111556.jpg

Car-101543951-2c0e541c7255cf1eec60331f4e07ac74.jpg

A true DartCharger would have come with the 273/235 HP Charger 273 V8

Maybe our acknowledged DartCharger expert @65dartcharger would care to comment

Last edited:
A true DartCharger would have come with the 273/235 HP Charger 273 V8

Maybe our acknowledged DartCharger expert @65dartcharger would care to comment
First of all let me say I'm sorry you have to sell your car. It looks stunning.
A factory Dart Charger is based on a 1965 Dart GT with a yellow paint and a 273 x4 bbl.
However a 1965 Dart 270 2 dr post with a 225 was produced in 5803 units. Of these cars 5129 had the automatic transmission.
Good luck with sales even if I wish you could keep it.

The original air filter top reads Charger 270. I just accepted the fact that it must be for real from the dealership.

That's only an air cleaner like "Super 225" and a lot of people mistake that for the "Super Six" two barrel engine and it's not. It was a marketing name. Same with yours. It's not a Dart Charger. ...and I'm not taking away from it in any way shape form or fashion. It's a really nice car and a really good deal. It's just not a Dart Charger, but a Dart 270.

That's only an air cleaner like "Super 225" and a lot of people mistake that for the "Super Six" two barrel engine and it's not. It was a marketing name. Same with yours. It's not a Dart Charger. ...and I'm not taking away from it in any way shape form or fashion. It's a really nice car and a really good deal. It's just not a Dart Charger, but a Dart 270.
Okay! I just quoted what I saw on the air cleaner?

Okay! I just quoted what I saw on the air cleaner?

Yes, and it's correct. It's just not referring to the "Dart Charger" package. Chrysler did a lot of confusing things like that. The Super 225 example I gave was another.

But as I said, your posted price is a good one. Nothing out of line at all. I wouldn't mind having it myself, but I don't have a sack of money up my....well ...you know. lol

Yes, and it's correct. It's just not referring to the "Dart Charger" package. Chrysler did a lot of confusing things like that. The Super 225 example I gave was another.

But as I said, your posted price is a good one. Nothing out of line at all. I wouldn't mind having it myself, but I don't have a sack of money up my....well ...you know. lol

You seem knowledgeable! Maybe you can help me? I can't figure out how to delete this post or mark it as sold. I've tried everything!

I meant, how do I delete this thread because it's SOLD.

Oh cool! Did a member her buy it?

It's easy. Go to the top of the page. Look where it says "thread tools". Click on that and then click "Mark sold"

Congrats man! Somebody got a nice car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back