1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a full rotissery restoration on a 1965 DartCharger.

I have collected NOS and mint stuff for 25 years. I will start with how the car looked when it arrived here in Sweden.

Right now the car is media blasted and new sheet metal is welded in.

Dart charger snett vänster framifrån.jpg

Dart charger höger inredning.jpg

Dart Charger sida.jpg

Moparbilder 142.jpg

Bild 030.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

024.jpg

031.jpg

The engine is almost done. Some small NOS parts is still missing incl camshaft.The K frame and the front end stuff is undergoing full resto incl black phosphating, silver cad etc. All the mecanical parts are NOS with correct datecode if present.

ICCA 024.jpg

ICCA 031.jpg

ICCA 025.jpg

Bild 012.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Looks great! Nice job on the sheet metal install. Are those new trunk floor extensions in photo #8 or super clean factory pieces?

The trunk floor extensions are mint condition factory orginal pieces! They was hard to find but well worth the time. To me it looks great!

Here is picture of the engine. Totally rebuilt and just waiting for a camshaft and a nicepaint job. But Totally Auto could just send the paint by sea! Two month....! The K frame is ready for paint too. I can hardly wait...

001.jpg

002.jpg

Tonight we made the front valance back to how it came from the factory. It had 105 small and big dings!! We spot welded an NOS front valance panel back in place. Had time to peel off the undercoating from the front fenders too!
The primer on LA cars seems to be some kind of greenish color! Anyone more seen this?

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Did some interior work today. The rear seat springs all had factory shipping labels on them. Nu rust, but I found evidence of a dead rat or something!!!

Gonna media blast the rear seat within two weeks. Will continue tomorrow with the doors.

096.jpg

097.jpg

Damn you guys overseas must have some patience. I cant imaging having to wait 2 months for a can of spray paint!!

Started with the drivers door tonight. Found some great stuff on the technique they used when they assembled the door.

The inside plastic added to the door is for stopping moisture for getting the door panels from the backside. If it rains or when you wash the car, water can leak into the door and hit the backside! The two white tejp stripes was probably added half way up on the plastic and the rest to hold it against the doorwhen the worker glued the rest towards trhe door.

You can also see evidence of how they masked off the yellow painted door for the upper door framewith was painted gold.

Will continue tomorrow.

005.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

When you put the doors back together make sure to replace the plastic sheeting as it also prevents wind intrusion.

Darwin! You are so right! Thanks. Checked the tejp and it two side tejp probably meaning to hold the plastic towards to door and the crome moulding against the door while adding the screws to hold the moulding!

Well, tonight I did the rest of the door. It was in worse shape that I thought. The adjustable mirror must be mounted with a shotgun or something!! Five holes when you need three!

The bottom has some small rust areas but the body man says: no problem!

Will continue tomorrow with the passenger door. Hope it is in better condition!

001.jpg

003.jpg

very kool,,, hard to imagine these cars in another country,,, cant wait to see more,,

Did the passenger door last night and tonight. That door is shoot! I need to get a new one.

The goodnews is that I found a good drivers door in my inventory in rust free condition. However I need to fill in some sheet metal after a speaker!

Today arrived the date coded temperature sending unit! Yihaa!

001.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

i feel your pain on the speaker cut out. same thing happened to mine. sometimes you have to make do with the originals.

-
Back