1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Tonight I did some two hours of glass beading before the lower door hinge was ok. Take about boring....!

Tomorrow night the nice thing about it will appear when it's time for assembling the first of the two door hinges. I think iI will have almost 20 hours in them. How many of you have searched for the rubber boot on the door hinge? This is getting way out of control! At least thats what my wife thinks!

I had a letter today from Norway with the bolt that holds the bracket between the transmission and the engine block! I have never seen this one before. I need to correct it a little bit but I think I can use it. This one is on the engine block.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 001.jpg

Tonight I did assemble the lower door hinge. It took some time. I also found out the the pin is mounted from the same direction on both hinges meaning that one door has a pin mounted from the bottom of the hinge. How did they plan that thing? It should be from the each side, but I guess it was easier to have it mounted from one direction. Now I need to find a good rubber boot for the lower spring......

View attachment 001.jpg

Last weekend me and ´my brother in law took out the complete interior out of his 1965 Dart GT. One thing that caught our attention was the carpet. The repop ones are way different and shorter. Strange. I will write the a letter to Legendary to see what it's all about.

Took a picture of the primer. Seems greenish to me! The positive battery cable is a factory ones. They look different from the repops too. But today the alternator bracket arrived from a FABO member. Thanks. Will need a glass beading and a fresh coat of paint.

Today I did some electrical wiring work. The positive battery cable was in bad shape but the numbers are there. What I found out is that the repops and NOS are a little bit different. But for now that will do it. Thanks Keith for sharing some info for me.

I also started with the valve covers. They need my attention for sometime but the clips holding the wirings system are shoot. I need something called Plastisol! Anyone knowing where I can find this product?

Today was a day when it felt like I did some progress. The pin and bushings vent into the lower control arm. Mostly of the rest of the parts for the front end is there so I started to assemble the front end tonight. It sure felt great. The result was as I wanted it to be. Now I will glassbead the fan, waterpump pulley and the alternator bracket. The big question during the assembly was;

Where can you find cotter pins in bare steel? The ones that sells here in Sweden has some kind of chrome looking finish. I want the good old stuff!

Any help with this matter?

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 006.jpg

View attachment 009.jpg

View attachment 008.jpg

Were your LCAs originally black? I've seen them in what was probably bare metal with the remains of a cosmoline line where they were dipped in the stuff.

Were your LCAs originally black? I've seen them in what was probably bare metal with the remains of a cosmoline line where they were dipped in the stuff.

Don! I checked mine before I redid them and they were black. I checked out 20 magazines from 1965 about the front end stuff and it seems like they were all painted black and even the ear for the ball joint. I think the cosmoline stuff arrived in 1967/1968! Mine even had markings on the. See the pictures. The black paint was behind the white markings.

Have you checked some lower control arms? It might be difference between different plants. I sold an assemble one last year for 1968 model year and it was black all the way.

View attachment Bild 001.jpg

View attachment ICCA 030.jpg

I see in the 2 pictures you posted of the LCAs, one had the round bumper; the other the pointed one. I've always heard that the round bumpers were used up to around 67 or so, then they used the pointed ones.

I see in the 2 pictures you posted of the LCAs, one had the round bumper; the other the pointed one. I've always heard that the round bumpers were used up to around 67 or so, then they used the pointed ones.

Don! That is great info. I have one NOS round bumper but I wasn't sure about the other side. I know a guy here in Sweden who might have the other round bumper. I will contact him today. But do you know about the steel plate which should go in between the LCA and the bumper? There is a part#2071727 for that one but I haven't been able to find it. However I know that they were not on my car as you see on the pictures. What to do?

View attachment 013.jpg

Looking good Ulf!! Did your brake shoes arrive safely?

They sure did. I got them on Tuesday and the were in great shape. They look really nice with the pentastar stamped too. Keith, thank you so much, I owe you one. After I have finished up the engine stuff and sanded the instrument panel I will start with the rear end. I have too much things going on right now and need to finish them one by one.

Today I finished the waterpump pulley as well as the alternator bracket. They look new! The heater hose nipples for the waterpump and the intake manifold arrived today from a friend of mine.He did a great job. Look as NOS. Will add it on the engine later. Why doesn't the repops look like this????

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

The instrument cluster didn't looked to good. After a couple of hours with teeth brush and some cleaning stuff on the housing it started to look like new. All the gauges is NOS and it was a blast to mount them. Thanks Don for the deal. I really appriciated it. Now I need to get the plastic stuff rechromed.

Is it possible to buy new GE 57 lamps for the lights? I know for sure that they don't sell them here in Sweden!

Anyone know where to get Plastisol?

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

With the bezel chomed and detailed, it will look like new. With those NOS gauges, it will be brand new! I know you'll be sending the IC bezel, heater bezel, glove box and end trim all at the same time so the chrome and detailing will be uniform in texture/color.

With the bezel chomed and detailed, it will look like new. With those NOS gauges, it will be brand new! I know you'll be sending the IC bezel, heater bezel, glove box and end trim all at the same time so the chrome and detailing will be uniform in texture/color.

Don! Do you know if it's possible to buy the gaskets for the IC? Have you heard of some plastic stuff called Plastisol? It's the black plastic stuff on the clips on the valve covers, the clips for the wiring harness on the cowl and so on. I have talked with a lot of guys and nobody have heard of it!

Don! Do you know if it's possible to buy the gaskets for the IC?

What gaskets are you referring to?

Have you heard of some plastic stuff called Plastisol? It's the black plastic stuff on the clips on the valve covers, the clips for the wiring harness on the cowl and so on. I have talked with a lot of guys and nobody have heard of it!

Yes. Let me look around. I know Leanna uses it for the clips on the valve covers.

What gaskets are you referring to?

Yes. Let me look around. I know Leanna uses it for the clips on the valve covers.

The small gaskets inside the instrument cluster. There is one small black gasket for the oil lamp and a bigger brown gasket that goes around all the instrument lamps. The gasket should prevent the light from shining through to another lamp.

-
Back