1965 Formula S VIN V857 195118

-

rockhouse66

Reaction score
I posted this request years ago without success, so it is probably a dead end now, but in hopes it could still be out there, I am posting again. This is a '65 Barracuda Formula S 4-speed car, white w/blue interior, that I sold in about 1971 in the Tampa, FL area. The new owner ran off the road and hit a tree with it soon thereafter, and the car was supposedly moved to a farm North of Tampa (Lutz area) for storage. No idea what happened after that, but it could be someone's "barn find". Two distinguishing features would be that the rear wheel well openings were shaped to match the front (with a front chrome trim piece installed to finish) and the inner front fender aprons were cut out for fender well headers.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Barracuda VIN V857 195118.jpg

Welcome to WNC! I don't have any leads for you, but you might pay a private investigator to run that VIN for you. It's hard for law enforcement to do it for people anymore without reasonable cause, so I won't even ask my cop friends to do it no more. The PI can do the same search, but gets to play by different rules. Go figure! Good luck in your search. I live in Candler, NC...and have a 65 Barracuda of my own that is the current slow moving project.
:thumbsup:

I do have a connection that can run Florida VINs but these older VINs have fewer digits and don't fit the system. We tried without success.

I tried to add my three classic Mopars to my AAA insurance yesterday online. The system rejected all the VIN numbers because they were less than 17 digits. I tried adding zeros in front but nothing doing.

It's been a long time between posts but I am still interested in finding this car. So refreshing the original post.

-
Back