1965 NOS Formula S Muffler/Resonator for sale on Ebay

-
Received my mufflers and resonators from Waldron Exhaust. The mufflers are fine, but the resonators are cobbled together junk! If it seems too good to be true it usually is, and it is true in this case.
I returned the resonators and kept the mufflers.

Resonators will just collect moisture, and rot out. I wouldn't use them. In another life long ago I had a 66 Riveara GS, with the ole Buick 455 L head engine, and 2 fac 4bbls. It had resonators. I finally came to my sences, and left them off, after 2 sets of them rotted out. And yes they had drain holes. Car was much nicer without them.
I think the factories put them on to control noise, for the average person buying a new car, as a lot of people want cars quieter than guys like us, who like the rumble.. They're coming off my 2015 Dodge Ram in the spring.

Dave

I believe the resonators at the end of the exhaust system stay too cool to purge out the moisture and rot. I want to put resonators on a dual exhaust that ends in front of the front tires (NASCAR style). I hope mine will run a little warmer (being they system is shorter) and last a little longer.

I have a 65 and 66 Barracuda with this resonator and both cars leave exhaust smudge on the driver side rear deck lid, panel and bumper. I have to clean the smudge off several times a year to keep it from ruining paint and chrome.
I assume aerodynamics created by the shape of the rear glass and trunk creates a vacuum to pull the exhaust gases onto the deck lid.
I have wondered if there is critical position of the tip to that might eliminate this annoying condition. Anybody have factory photos or specs that say how far rearward the resonator should be installed? Does this happen to Darts and Valiants?

I have a 65 and 66 Barracuda with this resonator and both cars leave exhaust smudge on the driver side rear deck lid, panel and bumper. I have to clean the smudge off several times a year to keep it from ruining paint and chrome.
I assume aerodynamics created by the shape of the rear glass and trunk creates a vacuum to pull the exhaust gases onto the deck lid.
I have wondered if there is critical position of the tip to that might eliminate this annoying condition. Anybody have factory photos or specs that say how far rearward the resonator should be installed? Does this happen to Darts and Valiants?
This was a problem with the cars when new. I remember back in the day having to polish my bumper and clan/wax the aluminum trim and trunk lid lip frequently. Was worse back then with leaded gas.

-
Back