-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dynodonn

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Spring is almost here, so this is another attempt to sell my 1965 Barracuda. This is an clean original California car, there are no signs of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. It has Formula S badges and the odometer currently shows 54k. The red paint with black Rallye stripes was re-done about 20 years ago and still shines nicely, but does have a few minor flaws. It has the Commando V-8 engine which retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers, as well as the correct exhaust manifolds. It has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with Hurst floor shifter and the original console, an upgraded 8-3/4 Sure-grip rear, power steering, and drum brakes. It has a functional AM radio, as well as an AM/FM CD in the glove compartment. The speakers were installed with Velcro so this system could easily be removed if desired. The engine runs cool in all weather, pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true dual-exhaust system installed.

The engine's ignition system was upgraded to an MP electronic unit, and I also installed a modern mini-starter. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done previously, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which functions but was disconnected when a modern fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. I do have the original build sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. There is no fender tag , that was gone long before I bought the car. This car has won numerous trophies at all-Mopar car shows, and is the only early Barracuda present at most of them. If you want a collector car that is different for a reasonable price then this is the car for you. I am asking $12k or best reasonable offer for the car. The car is located in the Milwaukee, WI area. Since I cannot post photos on the A-body web site send me a PM If you are seriously interested and I will give you a link to the Shutter Fly site with about 30 photos of the car.

Build sheet shows the V89 code so this is an original V-8 car. Send me a PM and I'll be happy to connect you with photos on Shutter Fly. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update, I've now put collector plates on the car and it is no longer for sale. Thanks, FABO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back