1965 Valiant "Fast Back"

-
Man, that's awful!

1965Valiant_3_-gallery.jpg

OOoooof !
I have a hard time looking at a 64-66 Barracuda and keeping my lunch down, then THIS ???

I'm not a fan but I give the person props for pulling it off.

"IF" the factory did build it for the Australian Market- that would be it.
I think bringing a real one over and converting it to right hand drive would had been easier.
Just my 2 cents.
Joe

this is definitely a Fish out of Water story...I see so much of another English car in the rear hatch bumper and lights....

the four doors make that car look bad...if they had gone the two door route, odds are it find a bit more favor. The rear end of the car is for all practical purposes as that of the later Sunbeam Rapier or as imported to the US the Alpine GT.....as a note, the rear lenses look like that of a Holden but if built in the mid 60's then a bit out of era for the build....

Last edited:
It really looks like an a Avanti I believe the cars are called. Still not my cup of tea.

Early Barracuda models look SO MUCH better with a slight rake and some bigger wheels and tires. In stock form, they look top heavy, like a weight lifter built like Arnold Schwarzenegger up top but with Pee Wee Herman's legs.

Early Barracuda models look SO MUCH better with a slight rake and some bigger wheels and tires. In stock form, they look top heavy, like a weight lifter built like Arnold Schwarzenegger up top but with Pee Wee Herman's legs.

Agreed you gotta work that stance and tire combo to make em pop! But thats true for a lot of cars IMOP, its all about the stance.

I agree with the rake and bigger wheels Too bad Mopar did not have a "mole" over at Ford when they designed the Stang!

not a 'cuda but for some reason the car world calls this the mini 'cuda….I just learned that the man who was on the design of the early cuda went back to England and was also prime on this car's design....

upload_2019-6-15_10-52-47.png

and of course if you like the big glass backed cars, I also have a couple of these....of course the stock Mopar 440 is the saving grace to these cars...and the 64 'cuda is wider, longer and taller than this car...

upload_2019-6-15_10-54-10.png

It really looks like an a Avanti I believe the cars are called. Still not my cup of tea.

I cannot see any Avanti in that car outside that of a basic rear glass... the Avanti had no application of design, flow, style, class or anything at all going for it in the front and dang little at the rear....won't even discuss the fixed quarter glass...

I was just going to say Jensen Interceptor also...quad headlights and all. 383 to 440/6 power!
280px-1971_Jensen_Interceptor_MkII%2C_front_left_%28USA%29.jpg

-
Back