-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 1966 slant 6 225 good running motor to use in a 1966 Plymouth that I'm working on.It must be a 66 with the numbers on the deck flat behinf the coil starting with the letter B 225xxxxxxxx .I'm in the New York metro area and can travel in a 500 mile radius for this. .

Depends how bad you need one. I have several 64, 65, 66 blocks, and internal parts. Would have to check on the actual numbers. Problem, I'm in Florida.

Depends how bad you need one. I have several 64, 65, 66 blocks, and internal parts. Would have to check on the actual numbers. Problem, I'm in Florida.
Thanks for answering .I'm really looking for something in good running condition under 500 miles from NY so I can pick it up.

Is it a good running motor or something that needs a rebuild? I'm not looking to rebuild one.
I did not see the engine run, but I got it from a known member on this forum that said it was a running car when he pulled the motor. However, I cannot guarantee that it does not need rings,valve stem seals, timing chain, gaskets ,,,, it is a 50+ year old motor.

I did not see the engine run, but I got it from a known member on this forum that said it was a running car when he pulled the motor. However, I cannot guarantee that it does not need rings,valve stem seals, timing chain, gaskets ,,,, it is a 50+ year old motor.
I'll keep it in mind if the price is right.It's a long trip there and back and gas is over 3 dollars and climbing so I'm gonna keep looking for something closer and preferably in good working order.

I'll keep it in mind if the price is right.It's a long trip there and back and gas is over 3 dollars and climbing so I'm gonna keep looking for something closer and preferably in good working order.

just in case you can't find one closer

file-32.jpeg

just in case you can't find one closer

View attachment 1715339057
Thank you and thanks for posting that photo of the ID # . Can I use that photo in my ad ? So many people have no clue that the letter A is 65 , B is 66 for these early slants .It's the easy way to just look and check the year when you're looking at a car to see if the motor has been replaced.

Thank you and thanks for posting that photo of the ID # . Can I use that photo in my ad ? So many people have no clue that the letter A is 65 , B is 66 for these early slants .It's the easy way to just look and check the year when you're looking at a car to see if the motor has been replaced.
Can I use that photo in my ad ?

sure, if that helps, go for it.
Can I ask, why are you looking for a '66 slant only. The slants cross change over many years. One can get into the
crank register size, (pre and post '67) but there are work arounds for that.

Can I use that photo in my ad ?

sure, if that helps, go for it.
Can I ask, why are you looking for a '66 slant only. The slants cross change over many years. One can get into the
crank register size, (pre and post '67) but there are work arounds for that.
I'm bring a 1966 car back to it's original self . I am removing the 1965 motor that is now in it ,using the 65 motor in a 65 Barracuda and replacing it with a 66 in the 66 car.I have other slants but not the correct one for the year

I'm looking for a 1966 slant 6 225 good running motor to use in a 1966 Plymouth that I'm working on.It must be a 66 with the numbers on the deck flat behinf the coil starting with the letter B 225xxxxxxxx .I'm in the New York metro area and can travel in a 500 mile radius for this. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back