1966 Barracuda disc brake master cylinder extension

-

lemondana

BlackDart
Reaction score
I went out to a friends place today. Going to get the disc brakes off of a 66 Barracuda that he has. It has the single pot master cylinder with what I have never seen before-a master cylinder extension. Anyone else ever seen one of these?
IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG

Yes, factory part and very rare! Not positive but might be only used on 66 Barracuda models with manual disc brakes? My dads 66 has this and so does a friends 66.

'65 dealer installed and '66 factory disc brakes used that reservoir extension on both manual and power setups. The center stud holds that extension onto the body of the master cylinder. They also used a proportioning valve unique to those models too, so, get that also if you're keeping that single master setup.

I planned on getting all of the parts, even though I will not use the single reservoir master cylinder.

I'll keep you in mind. I have a lot of stuff going on this year, and probably won't get it off till next spring. I'll keep this post on here and get a hold of you when I get it. Myron

I'll keep you in mind. I have a lot of stuff going on this year, and probably won't get it off till next spring. I'll keep this post on here and get a hold of you when I get it. Myron
Thanks Myron. I appreciate that. Look forward to hearing back from you.

-
Back