1966 Dart Dash and Console Paint?

-

coalman

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for the flat silver paint for above? Thanks

Anyone have any recommendations for the flat silver paint for above? Thanks
I redid mine but I cheated and use light argent. I had one in 69 and it was similar to the light argent and not a flat silver. but it was a GT not a 270 and I like it a lot better than just flat. flat silver is acutaly harder to do than the argent silver and I'm pretty lazy.
DSCF4179-cropped.jpg

When I first read the post title it sounds like you are looking for ways to paint the dash and console housings not the gauge cluster like in post#2.

Now when I painted my dash (metal frame) I painted the whole thing the single stage color and bought a flattening agent that when the final coat is applied you spray on and it dulls the shine for the dash pad area forward... prevent sun glare.
Some folks sprinkle in baby powder in the top paint and dull it that way. I've yet to try that.
Sorry if i am off base but your post is kinda vague.

Last edited:
When I first red the post title it sounds like you are looking for ways to paint the dash and console housings not the gauge cluster like in post#2.

Now when I painted my dash (metal frame) I painted the whole thing the single stage color and bought a flattening agent that when the final coat is applied you spray on and it dulls the shine for the dash pad area forward... prevent sun glare.
Some folks sprinkle in baby powder in the top paint and dull it that way. I've yet to try that.
Sorry if i am off base but your post is kinda vague.
oops you are right. didn't read it slow enough. duh:BangHead: plus I just got done replying to a post about the circuit board on the Dash cluster.. mind didn't switch gears. I used baby powder on the top part of my dash frame to help keep the glare down and make a satin finish. I have not found any 66 cars except the bigger chryslers to have a silver interior paint code.
upload_2019-11-18_21-54-2.png

66Dvert- no troubles. I wanted to question the silver interior color but kept my mouth shut as I was not sure on other early A vs my 66’ Barracuda.

I forget to shift gears mentally all the time. Part of getting older I guess. Too many things on the old brain to handle at once. Lol!

Thanks Mike, had a good foundation to start with, but wet sanded that thing soooo many times lol. A little trick...the black center stripe is vinyl trim tape, worked awesome.
That's smart!

Thanks for all your input, also thinking of using one of these for the console. Has anyone tried one? Thanks again

AXX6668OL12-SILVER_2000sf__38430.1535765130.jpg

I have used the Mopar Argent wheel paint and I like it a lot.
I’ve also used Krylon dull aluminum which is a good match for the Argent and is a bit cheaper.
I have not seen the DMT item you posted.

I have used the Mopar Argent wheel paint and I like it a lot.
I’ve also used Krylon dull aluminum which is a good match for the Argent and is a bit cheaper.
I have not seen the DMT item you posted.

Thanks, I found an old can of Rallye wheel paint, still works and looks good. The DMT item is on their site and they advertise on this forum...

-
Back