1966 Dart Fuel Gauge??

-

coalman

Reaction score
I am looking at my wiring diagram, and trying to figure out how the fuel gage is tied into the dash blinker indicator lights? Any of you electrical guys know? I was working under the dash and the blinker indicators stop working and so did the fuel gage. Thanks a bunch

Probably a ground issue. Needs to be bolted to the dash frame to get those to work. To test you can run a temp. wire to ground the inst. cluster. From headlight switch, metal housing.

The 66 has problems with the connections at the circuit board. The connections were just crimped. They get loose and fail. Need to be cleaned and soldered.

BRAKE lamp and OIL lamp ground at those remote switches. So when the instrument panel isn't chassis grounded to the dash, those 2 lamps are only part of it that will work.

Redfish
Your inbox is full
Need to talk about your
Convertible
Eddie
Barracudakid

I have a new circuit board, the old one was a mess. It is working now, I am just trying to figure how the dash blinker lights are wired to the fuel gage. Thanks for all the input.....

the turn indicators are not wired to the fuel gauge. the turn indicators get their power via the same fuse, switch, etc.., that the front turn signals do. The fuel gauge gets its power from a voltage limiter. that limiter gets its power directly fro the ignition switch. Only fuse between the battery and limiter is fusible link.
The only thing the turn indicators and fuel gauge share is chassis ground.

the turn indicators are not wired to the fuel gauge. the turn indicators get their power via the same fuse, switch, etc.., that the front turn signals do. The fuel gauge gets its power from a voltage limiter. that limiter gets its power directly fro the ignition switch. Only fuse between the battery and limiter is fusible link.
The only thing the turn indicators and fuel gauge share is chassis ground.
Kind of the same thing I said, just with more words..:thumbsup:

-
Back