1967-69 Barracuda Registry

-

matthon

Reaction score
:director:Welcome to the official FABO 1967-69 Barracuda Registry!:supz:

As requested! This is for the members of FABO, to share information on the 1967 to 1969 Barracudas, all models, all engines, in any condition- and hopefully we can also increase membership on this great site.

A website is in our future if this grows, if not we’ll keep it here- as long as the mods are ok with it.

I bought my 1967 Barracuda just a few years ago, and with the help of the many gracious members here, Chrysler Historical, books, and the internet, I have learned a great deal about these cars- (and also learned about all of the bad information floating around, and the confusion).

With your help maybe we can all learn more.

I looked into a few other registry sites to see what information they request and why, so lets get to it.

Your VIN.

Many do not want to send it to anyone, myself included. The only reason to catalog VINs that I can see is to be able to place each car in the proper production order. One of the main reasons I decided to educate myself on these cars was to eventually determine when my car was built in relation to every other 67 with similar options, and where it fell within the production year. As far as I can tell, that is impossible to do without the VIN.
So I leave it up to you whether or not you want to share that information. If you do I will list those cars in order of production and never share the information with anyone. I will also keep the file secure.

OK, here we go.

Please let me know what your expectations are?
What you hope to get out of this?
And please provide any other feedback or input.

I am good with the 67 and 68 stuff, and just learning the 69 stuff, so let’s help each other when possible- do I even have to say that here?

Below is a list of information that you can send to me via pm that will greatly help me with this project.

First Name
Last Name
Address
Country
FABO Name

Date you bought your car
Where you bought your car

Formula S
Cuda package

VIN
Body Style
Engine
Year
Transmission
Rear end and gear
Original body color and current color
Convertible or Vinyl top color
Stripe color
Condition: original/restored/race/custom/other
Options
History

Do you have these items?
Build Sheet (aka Broadcast Sheet)
Build Card (aka IBM punch card, available from Chrysler for 67 cars only. I highly suggest you get this card: http://wpchryslermuseum.org/newsroom.do?id=390&mid=135)
Fender Tag
Radiator support number
Trunk lip number

Thank you FABO!

Hey Matt, what you are doing is awesome and hope to learn more about the 2nd gen cudas. I have spent a good deal of time researching the cudas, but my hands on experience is only limited to my 69 cuda. I am hoping to learn as well as help with what I can. Here is my vin(minus the last 6 digits) as well as the fendertag.

Vin BH27P9BXXXXXX

Fendertag

A53 C16 C55 V3X V78 END
F8 P6X X9 422 B14888
E55 D21 BH27 P9B XXXXXX

THANKS MATT!!

is it bad I have my vin memorized? BH29B72310541 I have entered it on some sites and just get general info it was a slant 6 car I have the fender tag somewhere in a safe, hope this helps or can tell me something I don't know about my car. PM me if you find anything good. haha

You got my info.! Do you need anything else?
This is way Cool!! Thanks FABO! Thanks Matt for the decode!

Is the Moderator gonna make it a sticky??

aarong5 - send me a pic of the fender tag.
I highly suggest you send $45 to Chrysler if you really want to know everything about your 67, see link above. They send you a letter with a copy of the build card.

The build card is more accurate and complete, for example, my fender tag has a scheduled shipping date of 5/31, which is also on the build card, but the build card also has the actual shipping date of 5/26.

I have received a number of requests so far, and we are only 2 1/2 hours into this!
I have a few books on the way that I ordered that should help, I have a data book, and some other stuff- and smarter than me FABO members always help.

I am not an expert on this, and I do have a day job, lol, so please be patient.

CUUDAK I don't need anything else- I'll get back to you.

The goal, at least in my mind, is once this gets going I can post information for everyone to see and use to decode their own stuff.

I was just thinking that with the shipping date of each car I can put them in order, and keep a running list- if I put it in a post in here, can I go back to it indefinitely and update it?

We already did three 67s a while back, all Formula S cars.
So far swedefish is the first car shipped to date, and the same guy who let me know about the IBM card in the first place, and he helped me out with it.

swedefish: shipped 5/15/67 - export car
bumnround: shipped 5/25/67 - recall wheel
matthon: shipped 5/26/67

Do you guys mind if I post the info on your cars for everyone to see?
Minus any full VINs/serial numbers of course.

yeah post anything you find from mine haha, I'll see if I can dig up the fender tag and post it, I've been thinking about buying that card for a year or so but forgot they even existed I'll try to do that one day.

It´s great that you´re doing this job with a registry, Matt, after all there´s quite a lot of work with it.
It´s okay with me if you post the info about my car. And many thanks for the help you´ve given me with decoding the IBM card.
First time I saw the IBM card I had no idea what I was looking at. It was very blurry and hard to read.
I then wrote to Chrysler Historical to see if they could send me a IBM card in blank, I didn´t expect to hear from them.
But after six month I got a letter with a blank IBM card. Now I could read what the headlines on the card said.
But still didn´t know what the punch holes ment. Here´s where Matt came in. He´s done a great job with the decoding of the cards,and he filled me in with what the punch holes said.

Hey Matt, you can do with my info as you want as well. My curiousity is in production numbers and how many exist as well as the accuracy of the "S" options...I have heard lots of different opinions.

Thanks again

Yep, swedefish sent me the blank copy of the build card, which was huge as my copy is very blurry.
I took that and made one in excel, as well as a build sheet in excel.
I think swedefish was also the one who sent me pics of 2 build sheets in excellent condition, otherwise I would have never been able to recreate it- I need to add the rounded corners and its done.
I could eventually post better pics of each that people can save for future reference. I've seen later build sheets on the web as blank pdf files, but not for 67-69.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,591
  • New Picture.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,581
First Name: George
Last Name: Hinkel
Address: 3441 Constance St.
Titusville, Fl. 32796
FABO Name: Zippie#7
E-Mail: hinkel.george@yahoo.com
Date You Bought Your Car: 09/26/90
Where you bought your car: Titusville, Fl.
1967 273-auto conv. Vin No. BH27D72325598
On the build sheet:
Dist. 32 Trans.: 534
SwayBar: 0 Axle: 607
Rad.: 71 Pinion: 31
Engine: 365 Wheel: 12B
Wheel Cov.: 10
Note: the broadcast sheet is not in very good condition,I found it under the rear seat between the seat springs.
I am now in the process of restoreing this car.

I just wanted to post an example of the info from Chrysler, for those 67 owners.
There is a simple cover letter, a sheet that includes the VIN and other codes decoded, and a copy of the IBM build card. Sometimes the copy of the build card is not very good, but it is still easy to figure out.
I posted a 66 build card because it is a little clearer.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,538
  • momoct200638.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,474
:hello2: Well, I'm officially registered! Here is a picture of my car when I first bought it back in 1994. If anybody recognize it from the BC Canada area let me know. This is the day I drove it home...good thing my 69 came with snow tires on it .LOL

Attachments

• img043.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,443
I,m gonna have to PM you info on my 68 Barracuda FB once I gather all info.Do you have a link for the Chrysler sheet?

Any numbers yet??

I've been working on gathering info, inputting it, and trying to decide where to go next, (and how). I had one pm a few weeks ago, and no other activity since we first decided to do this- there has not really been any interest.

I do blame myself, as I should be posting whatever to keep it going.
I also had a very good friend pass last week, and I need to take care of some things this coming week, and in the near future for his wife and kids- so at this point if it isn't spending time with family and friends, nothing else seems to matter too much. Nuff said on that, back to the topic at hand.

I will gather some info and post it, and I have reached out to a few friends, and FABO members, in an attempt to create a better format for sending in info and retrieving it- hopefully it will work out.

To date, 12 members have submitted some information and I have gathered information on about 75 other cars.

Hey Matt, dont hesitate to gimme a call if you want some help with this. I dont have vast knowledge, but more than the avg joe and I am always willing to learn. pm me if you like
4spdragtop

I forgot all about this, I'd love to find out anything new about my car, I think I posted info back then

Sent PM with my info. This is a great thing you are doing. We can all learn more about our cars. Thanks!

Here is a pic of my fender tag. I had decoded it at dodgecharger.org cos they were the only place I found that did 67. But if you can decode it that would be great and verify what I got.

Attachments

• 67 fastback fender tag (small).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,194
One more to add to your list.
BH29H72299658
This is a 1967 "S" Fastback 383, automatic, 3.23 ratio car. As you know the '67's did not come w/power disc brakes or power steering! I do not have the build sheet nor the IBM data card. I can get the numbers off the radiator core support and the fender tag soon, but the car is in storage at the moment. I have the original block but not the rest of the drive train! As you know the "Hot Rods" of the 60's were rode hard and put away wet...this car was no exception! The trans was long gone and the rear gear was changed in favor of a 3.91. I have owned this ride since 1978, it has undergone a rotisserie rebuild and has found its way into the Detroit Autorama. The current powerplant components are: 440/727/Dana. This current combination is street driven in the nice weather only. I would like to verify the number of Fastbacks w/383 option/automatic.
Thanks for your effort! Many will benefit!

Rob Eppler

Attachments

• cuda in house garage.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,151
Here is a pic of my fender tag. I had decoded it at dodgecharger.org cos they were the only place I found that did 67. But if you can decode it that would be great and verify what I got.

That is a good decoder, and it works fairly well for Barracudas.

The fender tag I received before yours was built on the same day!

B= car line, Plymouth Barracuda
H= price class, High
29= fastback
21= 225cid 1-bbl 145 HP 6 cylinder
5= Torqueflite Auto
23= 6.95 x 14 white sidewall
5= tire quantity, spare
C02= scheduled production date of December 02, 1966
02406= shipping order number

AX
4= 2.93 with 7.25 or 2.94 with 8.75 Rear Axle Ratio

Note: 8 under the X would indicate Sure Grip