1967 barracuda brake rotors help

-

Trevor1991

Reaction score
I have a 1967 barracuda that has disc brakes on the front and I need to replace the rotors. Not sure what came on it originally but when I got the car it had Kelsey Hayes calipers that were siezed and warped rotors. I put ssbc calipers part # a199-1 and bolted right up and looks and works great but now I am having trouble finding rotors. I've done a lot of research and coming up short. I know it has 5 on 4 bolt pattern. Driver's side has left hand threads and passenger has normal right handed threads. I believe they are 11inch rotors. Is the hub and rotor all one piece? Can anyone please point me in the right direction as to what I'm looking for?

Rotors are not hard to find at all, these days.
Lots of Amazon vendors, sellers, have them.
Rock Auto.
Any of your local parts stores, that stock, or can order, Centric, Bendix, Wagner, parts.

You remove the old hub, and install it onto the new rotor.
Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Rock Auto.
Any of your local parts stores, that stock, or can order, Centric parts.

Easy peasy.
Great thank you. I wasn't sure if the hub and rotor was all one or if it came apart.

Rock Auto.
Any of your local parts stores, that stock, or can order, Centric parts.

Easy peasy.

Is there not a Mustang one piece rotor that just needs minor machining to fit as well?

Is there not a Mustang one piece rotor that just needs minor machining to fit as well?
I guess it boils down to what you consider minor machining.
For a machine shop, most likely yes, but not for the regular enthusiast.

But all that is for a big bolt pattern conversion.

I guess it boils down to what you consider minor machining.
For a machine shop, most likely yes, but not for the regular enthusiast.

But all that is for a big bolt pattern conversion.

Are you sure? I thought the early Mustangs had the 4” bolt pattern. Not sure if this, but I’ve heard for years that the Mustang rotors could replace the 2 piece hub and rotor design with some minor machining. I’m sure not everybody has a machine shop at home, but it’s easy to find one that will do the job. Of course, I’m still running the 2 piece, but I’m an old dog and can’t learn new tricks!! :)

timely thread...Im redoing the front suspension on my 68' barracuda (sand blasted all parts, pushed in new bushings, etc) and when i went to press in wheel studs through the new bendix rotors and into the hub, the lug hole diameter of the bendix rotors is about .010 to large. the 7/16" wheel stud floats around in the hole, compared to the old rotor that has a nice snug fit.
I talked to summit rep this morning and they couldnt say why the oversize hole but gave me bendix help line. I l/m there and waiting to hear back.
any ideas?

The "Hub" is what holds, and clamps, the rotor and hub together, when pressing the studs, into the two.

Your making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Don't worry about it.
Don't loose any sleep over it.
Put it all back together.

Last edited:
agreed. but the holes in my new rotors are too big (the studs float around in them) compared to the old rotors where the studs fit snugly. the bendix part number that I got from summit is PRT 1054 and when I cross check that with rock auto it's the same part number that they recommend.
this is a project car I picked up, so I dont know the history of these brakes. it's looking like the worn rotors I"m replacing aren't intended for the car.
I'm going to start by checking the 7/16" stud is correct

So what.
You have a modern rotor, that is manufactured, machined, to a bit of a different specification, than one that was made, what 50 years ago, if your dealing with the original rotors.
Press the studs in, and your done.
Easy peasy.
When your done, go buy yourself a six pack of beer, and relax.

You buy yourself one of those 20 dollar rotors, made in China, where everything is made, in this day and age.
So what do you really expect when they convert USA specifications, to Metric, when the Chinese manufacture something.
Gets lost in translation.
Your gonna do, what your gonna do anyway, so I'm out giving any more technical advice on this thread.
As i previously said, put the hub into that new rotor, and press in the studs.
Your done, and then you don't hafta waist any more time on the internet.
Roger Ramjet, over and out.:rolleyes:

-
Back