1967 Barracuda info-specific hard to find parts?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
A buddy is thinking of selling me a 67 barracuda notchback. I haven't seen the car in decades. I recall it needed a fender and things were a little beat up.

What body and interior parts are really hard to find? And what do they cost for used stuff? For example, used trunk lids usually go for $300 kinda thing?

I am mainly trying to do some research before I get too serious.

Thank you!

It has a one year only idler arm.
I had an old stock Moog '67 idler arm I sold for $100. I felt a little bad about it, but the buyer was happy to get it at that price.

67-68 fender is $500-750++ for really nice one. Not reproduced

Deck lid trim is pricey and hard to find good used. Not reproduced

Grille surrounds are usually dinged and dented up. Expensive to pay someone to straighten polish. Not reproduced

Being the 1st year of 2nd gen cudas there is a LOT of one year only parts, like S'cuder mentioned.
67 both front and year ws gaskets were "sealed" with mylar lockstrip. POS design. Quite often owners upgrade to the stainless steel trim. Notchback stainless is like hens teeth.
Inst bezel, 1 year only
Dash frame 1 year only.
LOTS of quirks with them.
Good luck.

This is not like building a Camaro or a Mustang. It will not be easy or cheap.

A buddy is thinking of selling me a 67 barracuda notchback. I haven't seen the car in decades. I recall it needed a fender and things were a little beat up.

What body and interior parts are really hard to find? And what do they cost for used stuff? For example, used trunk lids usually go for $300 kinda thing?

I am mainly trying to do some research before I get too serious.

Thank you!
Everything is hard to find for it there's only a few people that have it you're really not going to find anything for a cheap price

Depending on where this car has been sitting (indoors vs outdoors) (on blocks or sunk up to the frame) it may need a whole lot more structurally.

OK. If a person wanted to convert the windshield trim to the 68 the rubber is likely pretty easily found, but the stainless is pretty hard. That helps. Any ideas on notchback trunk lid pricing for a good one?

I am not new to old cars and my skills are pretty solid. But that is why I am asking. I don't want to commit to something to find out I need to pay $500 for trim pieces for something simple like the rear window.

I remember from years ago that 67 had some one year only things mechanically.

Ok thank you. Rough ideas on used trunk lids?

Use the advanced search function here.

Hit “threads” on top
then pick exterior parts for sale.
Select “any”
then keyword “barracuda decklid” then try the same again for “barracuda trunk”

Use the advanced search function here.

Hit “threads” on top
then pick exterior parts for sale.
Select “any”
then keyword “barracuda decklid” then try the same again for “barracuda trunk”
Ok thank you. I haven't ever used the advanced function.

The upside to all of this is that you will have something unique when you are done. It will get attention wherever it goes because it's a Mopar and not a Ford or Chevy. I frequent a shop that builds great show cars. Even they call me occasionally with a Mopar question.

-
Back