1967 Dart gauge panel options

-

CopperheadDart

Reaction score
I've researched on here and found that there aren't really aftermarket options for 67-69 Dart fabricated gauge panels for round gauges. Short of fabbing one up myself, I'm hoping to find a pre-made alternative. From what I've read, the only place that made them is no longer in business. I am curious about this 67-69 Barracuda panel I found on ebay:

67-69 Barracuda Silver Dash Carrier Panel for 5" - 2-1/16" Gauges | eBay

I know it's different than a Dart but the angles appear to be very similar, like it may fit into my Dart dash shell....
Any thoughts or advice before I go through the hair-pulling task of making a panel that doesn't look like a hack job?
Thanks in advance!

That’s for a rallye gauge set up. It will not fit the dash on a Dart, the mounting locations are different. You could make it fit, but you would need to cut up your dash to do it.

That’s for a rallye gauge set up. It will not fit the dash on a Dart, the mounting locations are different. You could make it fit, but you would need to cut up your dash to do it.

I would consider cutting into my dash if I could make this fit and the overall contours matched up with the dash. I don't have a lower dash pad to worry about, and My dash is already stripped down bare so it probably wouldn't be too difficult at this point...

I would consider cutting into my dash if I could make this fit and the overall contours matched up with the dash. I don't have a lower dash pad to worry about, and My dash is already stripped down bare so it probably wouldn't be too difficult at this point...

What I’m saying is it’s not as easy as it sounds. The upper flange to mount this gauge panel is not in the same place on the dash as a ‘67 Dart cluster. The lower opening is not the same. You dash will not have the mounting locations for this panel, and it won’t just fit in. You’ll have to cut the opening in the dash back, then fold that metal back into the dash to have the mounts in the right spot. It’s not just a face piece that will overlay the dash.

Fitting that one would be easier than installing a factory rallye gauge cluster like I did in my Duster because you won’t have to worry about the factory housing, but it will still be a decent amount of fabrication.

What I’m saying is it’s not as easy as it sounds. The upper flange to mount this gauge panel is not in the same place on the dash as a ‘67 Dart cluster. The lower opening is not the same. You dash will not have the mounting locations for this panel, and it won’t just fit in. You’ll have to cut the opening in the dash back, then fold that metal back into the dash to have the mounts in the right spot. It’s not just a face piece that will overlay the dash.

Fitting that one would be easier than installing a factory rallye gauge cluster like I did in my Duster because you won’t have to worry about the factory housing, but it will still be a decent amount of fabrication.

Ah I see what you're saying, thanks for the input. It's just a bummer there aren't any 67-69 panels on the market now. I guess I'm better off fabbing one up myself at this point.

If you intend to cut your dash for round gauges, that bezel works about the same as anything you would fabricate. You'll cut the dash regardless.
So if you look at your current dash opening... the tangs at the top that the inst' panel is screwed to are in different places than the rally dash. Just attach a continuous strip of metal all the way across the span. Now you can put screws anywhere you want. The brim of the bezel is straight and flat.
Yes you will have to figure out where to drill holes in lower corners and a upper right corner, cut the existing metal from your hole outward and fold it inward away. Next step is to cut away all that except for what you need for screw tangs like above for the new bezel. Straighten these back upright and there you go.
OK it is easier said than done but most things are. This has been done, more than once.
You could even go one step further. Cut away more of your existing dash metal, install a custom support plate for climate controller relocation and a DIN head unit.
We hope that aftermarket bezel is rigid enough to support the many instruments and switches. We wouldn't expect it to support a climate controller or a radio.
Your basic climate controller bezel is 3 simple slots. You might graft that, section and overlay it, or hell just have something custom printed. Since that bezel isn't labelled at headlight switch or wiper switch... why label the climate controller? If money don't matter you could label and backlite all of that. Now we've butchered your dash and a 330 dollar inst' bezel.

DeMonDIN  02.JPG

backlite climate controller.JPG

just on more thing... That bezel comes from Classicdash.com . I suppose you could go there for the matching finish bezel for glove box door. Or you could whittle off the 4 inch or so limb on right side of their bezel so it doesn't run toward your glove box but... You would need to retain dash metal for a fastener you'll need to ad. That right end fastener you lose is the only fastener between there and nearly lower center of the bezel.
Since the folding seat back would hit the rally bezel and crack it at that far right end fastener, I would suggest delete all that in a Dart application.
My B'cuda bezel shown above does still have that fastener. Its hidden and allows a bit more bezel movement than OEM just incase the seat hits it.

-
Back