1967 Dart GT Convertible How Rare is it?

-

67VERTGT

Reaction score
Im new to this but what I got is a 67 Dart GT Convertible its a 273 2bbl 904 with power steering & A/C how rare of a car is it? it's all there gots 75K documented miles im the 3rd owner How many were made & how many are thought to exist still

Welcome in. I have one too. Here's the info I have....

Production of 1967 Dodge Dart GT convertibles, for the American market :
>
> 6-cylinder : 1,761
> 8-cylinder : 1,626
> TOTAL : 3,387
>
> A further 342 (6 & V8) were built for Canada.

How many do they think still exist Im curious because of what I really want to do to the car if its fairly rare im not goin to go through with my plan

How many do they think still exist Im curious because of what I really want to do to the car if its fairly rare im not goin to go through with my plan

I don't know...maybe 10-15% , but, if it were mine, I'd restore it stock...but thats just me. Also, depends on the current condition of the car. @75k miles, I assume its in pretty good shape? What are your plans for the car?

Interesting info there Darwin,I did'nt know the /6-V8 ratio was almost dead even like that.

I first thought that there would be a better than a 15% survival rate for the convertibles as some of them seemed to have fairly pampered lives and a number of them seemed to be given a second chance that a regular Dart would'nt have.However,on second thought, at that rate there would be about 500 cars remaining which is probably a reasonable guess and that makes a good survivor car quite rare and definitely worth preserving as opposed to chopping up or drastically modifying.

Yes, a survivor Dart convertible is well worth leaving stock. Convertibles don't hold up as well as hardtops because the tops always leak at least a little and rust ends up taking its toll. There probably aren't that many left, so you really do have a rare one.

However,on second thought, at that rate there would be about 500 cars remaining which is probably a reasonable guess and that makes a good survivor car quite rare and definitely worth preserving as opposed to chopping up or drastically modifying.

Greg...I agree completely.

BTW, when we gonna see yours out? C'mon...give the house a rest, and bring 'er out! (I gotta keep bugging you!...LOL!):toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

It does need work i needs a lil metal work to be rite the is one spot on the drivers front floor that needs fixed someone tried to repair it but they didnt do a very good job and someone messed up the quarters when they tried to fix them but other then that its good but i dont know if i want to tell you what is was thinkin Im thinkin 440 Tunnel Ram mini tubbed and possibly a roll cage if i need it

i dont know if i want to tell you what i was thinkin

????????

You kinda laid out your intentions in your other thread. Really, it makes no never-mind to me what you do with it...it's yours, and if you choose to (possibly) ruin its value, then have-at-it. I've got mine, and its staying stock to retain it's value.

Like I've said, convertibles are the weakest body style going. You'll have a lot of strengthening to do to keep the doors opening and closing right.

Just my $0.02CDN......

sounds like a nice car to restore

the production numbers are in the same ballpark as I have seen

# left, I don't know if it is because I have one but I know where a lot of 67's are and not so many 68 & 69 convertibles

I was going to go with a 440/auto combo in mine. Ended up with 340 4 speed. It was a 6 auto on column with few options so I don't think I hurt the value

sounds like a nice car to restore

the production numbers are in the same ballpark as I have seen

# left, I don't know if it is because I have one but I know where a lot of 67's are and not so many 68 & 69 convertibles

I was going to go with a 440/auto combo in mine. Ended up with 340 4 speed. It was a 6 auto on column with few options so I don't think I hurt the value

Hey, Wildcat...I have noticed more '67' verts here than '68 or '69. Thats also confirmed by Galen in his white books...

Total 'vert production...

'67 - 3729
'68 - 2267
'69 - 1837

This is info is from Automotive Information Clearinghouse, in 1993 they say there where 582, 1967 Dodge Dart GT Convertibles left with 4 of those being in South Dakota. Don't know if they are still in business, but for $15 they would send you a sheet telling how many of a certain year make and model of car left.

Wow...learn sumpin new ev'ryday 'round here!!! I've never heard of those guys, but sounds very interesting! Who wants to share the $15 and find out how many are left today?...hmmm...:read2:

Does anyone know how many 1967 dart GTS 383 4 speed convertibles were made? My boss has an original documented (fender tag, vin, matching # drive train) one.

Don't know. Does he want to sell it?

Nope. He got it back when he was a kid. Now a days he has pulled the drive train out, taken the tags of it and is waiting to find another car to rebody it as it is so rotten. I did manage to cut the floor hump out for the 4 speed for my car. That was the only thing still good on the car.:angry7:

I have a 67 Dart GT convert...IMHO, I would try to keep it as stock as possible. However, when I got my Dart- it was far from stock. Gone was the /6 and 904 tranny and the color on the car (lime green) did not come out until 69/70. So- I decided to make it a nice car but not stock. I dropped in a 360/4bbl backed by a 727 TF. In my mind that decision to gravitate away from stock was already made. To each his own!

In my opinion i would keep it stock, just don't really see as many of those nice stock Mopars around where i live in Nebraska anyways, but it is your car so just have fun with it!

I have one too.
Its a 273 -4 4 speed ,console, tack
limited slip ps/pb headrests. K-H Disks
It needs a lot of work, but I also think its pretty rare

Jim F

Does anyone know how many 1967 dart GTS 383 4 speed convertibles were made? My boss has an original documented (fender tag, vin, matching # drive train) one.

383 - 4.....229 4 spd ..... 228 Auto HT & Convert.

Total GT ..... 34,496 HT .....3729 Convert

SWAG
Use the same ratio of HT/Convert total ~ 25 383 4 spd (ca. 1967) ~ 3 (present)

Ok so now you know where another one is.I have one,was /6 904 now 318 904 power disk brakes.

Now a days he has pulled the drive train out, taken the tags of it and is waiting to find another car to rebody it as it is so rotten.

Hmmm...when he does get another body, I hope he doesn't try to sell it as an original. There are numbers in secret places that knowledgeable people know about.

Greg...I agree completely.

BTW, when we gonna see yours out? C'mon...give the house a rest, and bring 'er out! (I gotta keep bugging you!...LOL!):toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

I'm still working on the outside of the house (although not this AM thanks to the rain) and want to finish it before winter or it's gonna be pretty cold in here in another month of so.

I have to move it from where it's being stored now at the end of next month so I'll try to find a place closer to home or if all goes really quickly (which is extremely unlikely...) I might be able to bring it home and store it in the basement.I've had a slight change of plans and decided to turn my entire basement into a garage/shop so I'll have a really nice place to work on it this winter so it'll be on the road for sure next summer.

I don't know...maybe 10-15% , but, if it were mine, I'd restore it stock...but thats just me. Also, depends on the current condition of the car. @75k miles, I assume its in pretty good shape? What are your plans for the car?
Just got mine!
67 GT VERT, 273, auto. Was originally a 2bbl and gold, now a 4 bbl and red.

B4A3172E-C8EE-46BE-8EE2-8256E0EFFDB0.jpeg

-
Back