1967 Dart ragtop windshield gasket replacement Q

Mopar Body and Trim

1. wjajr

wjajr Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    The 1967 Dart rag top is in need of a windshield gasket replacement. The old one is hard, leaks, and is missing its bottom locking trim strip, as well. ’67 is a one year only windshield clip and gasket design which translates to double the price for it, and probably a crappy design.

I think I have read that a ’68 gasket can be fitted to a ’67 if the clips are updated to the ’68 stile. I have several questions regarding this situation. I’m willing to spend the 200 bucks for the ’67 gasket & replacement lock strip if I can save 100 bucks worth of frigging around over changing to the ’68 gasket & clips.

Once installed, does the ’68 arrangement look the same as the ’67 rubber & trim?

Are ’68 clips available, and do they retrofit easily to a ’67, or are modifications needed to install them such as relocating to a new screw hole? Where do I purchase clips if the 67’s are bad, or I go ahead with 68 clip upgrade?

Will 1968 stainless windshield trim need to be sourced, or can I use the existing ‘67’s?

2. USMC67DART

USMC67DART Senior Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    Pm sent

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.