1967 Dart ragtop windshield gasket replacement Q

-

wjajr

Reaction score
The 1967 Dart rag top is in need of a windshield gasket replacement. The old one is hard, leaks, and is missing its bottom locking trim strip, as well. ’67 is a one year only windshield clip and gasket design which translates to double the price for it, and probably a crappy design.

I think I have read that a ’68 gasket can be fitted to a ’67 if the clips are updated to the ’68 stile. I have several questions regarding this situation. I’m willing to spend the 200 bucks for the ’67 gasket & replacement lock strip if I can save 100 bucks worth of frigging around over changing to the ’68 gasket & clips.

Once installed, does the ’68 arrangement look the same as the ’67 rubber & trim?

Are ’68 clips available, and do they retrofit easily to a ’67, or are modifications needed to install them such as relocating to a new screw hole? Where do I purchase clips if the 67’s are bad, or I go ahead with 68 clip upgrade?

Will 1968 stainless windshield trim need to be sourced, or can I use the existing ‘67’s?

-
Back