1967 Dodge Dart gauges

-

hemid0gg

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Dodge Dart GT I recently bought. The water temp and fuel do not work. I have replaced them and replaced the circuit board still nothing. I have replaced the gauges, circuit board, sending unit in the tank, the voltage regulator on the circuit board, the sending unit in the intake manifold, the latest trick is the fuel gauge needle moves from empty to full like a windshield wiper. I have also added two ground wires to the circuit board and secure them to the steering column. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'd recomend getting a new insert. Those stock gauges are useless even when they do work.

I'd recommend unplugging the fuel gauge wire from the sending unit at the tank and see if the needle falls back to zero. If it does you probably have one of those new Chinese fuel sending units that are absolute junk. I bought one for my Barracuda and I had the same problem, it was shorted and I never could get it to work. I wound up having my old sending unit rebuilt and it works like a champ.

I'd recommend unplugging the fuel gauge wire from the sending unit at the tank and see if the needle falls back to zero. If it does you probably have one of those new Chinese fuel sending units that are absolute junk. I bought one for my Barracuda and I had the same problem, it was shorted and I never could get it to work. I wound up having my old sending unit rebuilt and it works like a champ.
Thanks

-
Back