1967 Dodge Dart GT Convertible

-

cjdive

Reaction score
Hi all-

Does anyone know if all '67 Dart GT Converts had front turn-signal indicator lights on the forward front fenders? I see some converts (like mine) without them and some with. Also notice that there is chrome trim that goes along the lines of the car (fender, door, quarter, etc.)...was this standard as well? I do not have this and notice many other 67 GT converts don't either (but like I said, some do).

Any explanation would be appreciated!

Thanks.

I thought the trim was part of the premium level and I thought being a GT put it in the premium level, mine 67 Dart GT convertible has the trim, and the fender mount turn indicators. Was going to say that it is possible that some have swapped parts from a 270 hardtop, but I think the 270s had the trim also(my 67 270 4 door did, anyway). Just guessing but I would say that some have filled the holes to avoid looking for better trim, I would guess(haven't looked yet)that the trim is hard to find being a 67 only item.
Guess, I wasn't much help, but it is nice to meet another 67 GT convertible owner.

My Dad has a 67 Dart GT Convertible ( it is stock ) and his has the fender turn signal indicators ( with the continous chrome that runs along the 'ridge' of the fender there ).

The only ones I have ever seen without are ones that have had the chrome trim holes filled in.

My 69 Dart GT Convertible however did not have them ( there aren't even holes that have been filled in for the chrome ) so I don't know if all did in 67 or what...

Hope this helps.

I'm working on a 67 gt convertible right now that doesnt have the chrome trim along the sides of the car and also doesn't have turn signal indicators, never knew it was an option.

I dont want to start an arguemment here but... the fender mounted sigmal indicaters appeared as part of a lighting pachage in 1968. To save a few coins Chrysler decided to omit the bulbs at the inst. panel indicaters of vehicles that got those fender ( or hood ) mounted lights. Those bulbs were added back before the end of the 1st year. Too many complaints.

I thought the trim was part of the premium level and I thought being a GT put it in the premium level, mine 67 Dart GT convertible has the trim, and the fender mount turn indicators. Was going to say that it is possible that some have swapped parts from a 270 hardtop, but I think the 270s had the trim also(my 67 270 4 door did, anyway). Just guessing but I would say that some have filled the holes to avoid looking for better trim, I would guess(haven't looked yet)that the trim is hard to find being a 67 only item.
Guess, I wasn't much help, but it is nice to meet another 67 GT convertible owner.

THANKS Coffee...yeah, it is nice to see another 67 GT convert out there. There are not a lot of us around!

Thanks RedFish...that certainly explains why some 67 GTs have the lighting and others don't.

My wife had one when I met her, remember the turn signal lights on the fenders like it was yesterday.

Those were part of the 'light package', an option. It included a map, trunk and under hood light. There was also a light over the ignition switch that turned on when the door was opened and gave you light for a few seconds to find the ignition in the dark.

My 67 GT Convertible had them on the fender and the chrome ran the length of the car.
Jim

dart1.jpg

You guys are correct, for 1967 the GT package included the chrome trim on top of the body, wheel wells and rockers, plus had the one year looking fender mounted turn signals. They went to the bullet style in 68. The Dart 270 had the trim a little lower on the quarters and no fender indicators.

Yup...67DartGT340 has it right. All '67 Dart GT's had the upper chrome trim, containing the fender turn signals. Reg Dart and Dart 270 didn't have this particular trim. 1968 they went to the bullet style...not incorporated into any trim, so they could installed on any trim level, or added to any fender.

The trim and trun signals were available as an otpion on the 67 270, though. Here is a pic of my 67 270 4 door.

Do you have a better pic of that car? I think the 270 trim is not right at the top of the fender...it's down about 1 inch or so, isn't it? For the fender turn signals to fit, the trim has to be right at the top of the fender.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Here's a 270 4 dr. that I found on the 'net. Note where the trim is located on the fender....The turn signal housings won't work with that trim.

1967%2B67%2BDodge%2BDart%2B4%2BDoor%2BSedan%2BV8%2BFourth%2BGeneration%2B170%2B5.jpg

Dart GT trim...

Red-Dodge--24300_7.jpg

That is about the best pic of that car I have, I think you are right the trim is down about an inch on the 270, and now that I think about it the 270 might not have had the fender mount turn signals.

I am having a real problem finding the clips for these trim pieces:violent1:. The car is in getting prepped to be painted, and I need to find some new clips for all the moldings. Anyone help?? Thanks in advance!! CheersO:)

I am having a real problem finding the clips for these trim pieces:violent1:. The car is in getting prepped to be painted, and I need to find some new clips for all the moldings. Anyone help?? Thanks in advance!! CheersO:)

Good luck....they haven't been available for several years. Last set I saw, I bought and used on my convertible.

All 67 Dodge Dart Convertibles are GT's or better ( GTS)

All 67 GT's had the trim and turn signals on the top body line from front to back

All 67 270's had the trim from to back but on the top cariture line on the side

67 GT had 5 piece finish trim on the back

67 270 had the same 4 pieces but not the finish panel between them

Many people removed the trim if the car was repainted

I removed the trim, welded the holes and install 68 / 69 bullit style fender marker lights

View attachment image.jpg

My 67 Dart in 1993 when it was still basicly stock

All 67 Dodge Dart Convertibles are GT's or better ( GTS)

All 67 GT's had the trim and turn signals on the top body line from front to back

All 67 270's had the trim from to back but on the top cariture line on the side

67 GT had 5 piece finish trim on the back

67 270 had the same 4 pieces but not the finish panel between them

Many people removed the trim if the car was repainted

I removed the trim, welded the holes and install 68 / 69 bullit style fender marker lights

View attachment 1714882534

My 67 Dart in 1993 when it was still basicly stock

Same car today

View attachment image.jpg

It seems like this trim is aluminum, rather than chrome. Can anyone verify if it is solid aluminum? Looking for the best way to polish and restore it, but worried about burning through the finish if it’s not solid.

From what I understand the trim is anodized aluminum. To polish it you must remove the anodizing, then have it re-anodized after polishing or it will continually oxidize.

It seems like this trim is aluminum, rather than chrome. Can anyone verify if it is solid aluminum? Looking for the best way to polish and restore it, but worried about burning through the finish if it’s not solid.
The aluminum part not solid, and are polished...the turn signal housings are pot metal, and chromed.

The 67 dart has chromed sheet metal, aluminum, stainless steel, chromed plastic, chromed pot metal. Which piece/s are you referring to?

Also...

Exjouster you posted in a 3 to 9 year old post and most people would not see your question unless they follow this post. You might want to create a new post with your questions

Last edited:
The 67 dart has chromed sheet metal, aluminum, stainless steel, chromed plastic, chromed pot metal. Which piece/s are you referring to?

Also...

Exjouster you posted in a 3 to 9 year old post and most people would not see your question unless they follow this post. You might want to create a new post with your questions
I’m looking at the pieces that run along the top of the fender line, from front to back, and attach to the hood mounted turn signals. They seem to be all aluminum, u-shaped (not the turn signals). As long as they aren’t a coated pot-metal, I should be able to buff them up really nicely.

-
Back