Status
Not open for further replies.

SalC

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible

3rd owner. Rotisserie restoration by 2nd owner, 1st owner was his uncle. Originally a Kentucky car, it became a 10 year restoration (on and off) for the previous owner. All metal work completed including new floor pan, trunk pan, quarter panels. I have pictures of his restoration work. Very solid, no rust and will not rust in future. Underside is painted same paint as body, looks gorgeous. Original bumpers were restored and re-chromed. All trim looks great, front grille is original and beautiful. Originally a 273 car, now a 383. Has original fender tag as well as original stamped warranty card on inner fender.

Manual steering, manual brakes with front disc. Mechanically it’s been restored completely. New brakes, brake lines, master cylinder, all new front-end parts, heavy duty rear springs and big block torsion bars. Frame connectors along with torque boxes (standard on convertibles from factory).

383ci - .030 over KB pistons. Runs on pump gas. 727 torqueflight w/manual shift valve body. 3.90 Rear end gear. TTI Ceramic Coated Headers with Flo-Master mufflers, exhaust is very “throaty” and deep sounding – very healthy. Heads turn when I pull into shows due to the throaty sound. Engine built by Borowski Race Engines in Joilet, IL. Aluminum radiator with electric fan. When I purchased in 2015, engine had less than 1,000 miles on it (since rebuild). Probably has approx. 2,500 miles on it now. TB Fuel Injection with new EFi gas tank (powder coated) and new fuel lines. FI system installed properly and functions very well. Starts easy and runs well. This car “gets it”, fast and a tire roaster.

Electrical – 100% all new duplicate M&H wiring harness throughout. Reliable as you can get.

Paint - PPG DELTRON DBU2030 Dodge 1969 Light Bronze Poly Paint T3 PPG#60492 Turbine Bronze Poly

Interior – Beautiful rebuilt seats and convertible top are new, heavy vinyl, top is heavy vinyl and very tough. Rebuilt hydraulic top motor, actuators, lines are new – top functions perfectly. All new dash including aftermarket period correct looking gauges by SpeedHut with GPS speedometer. Have original dash gauge cluster in excellent condition.

Car is beautiful, not 110% perfect show quality but pretty darn close. This automobile is beautiful and turns heads everywhere I go. Thumbs up every time I drive it, not just from the men but I’ve received many many compliments from the women also. People say it’s just beautiful. Many times I’ve heard at cruise night “This is the best car here”. Ready to drive to cruise nights and car shows. In the spring I put the top down and it doesn’t go back up until fall, I only drive it on sunny days. Car is kept in climate-controlled garage and well cared for. Has never seen rain since restore. Has a California car cover that comes with it. Have many extras like repro service manuals, glove box manual, original sales brochure, and dealer pricing list (a nice touch to put out on the dash when showing the car at shows). I have pictures of most of the restoration from the previous owner.

I have a lift in my garage, I can show the entire underneath of the car.

Well over $70k into the car, have many of the original receipts from previous owner. I’m really wrestling with parting with this car, I really love it but I have another E body Barracuda and rarely drive it to cruise nights as much as I used to the first few years I had it. The 2nd owner I bought it from restored it but had health issues and couldn’t be in the sun, so he was unable to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Asking price is $45k firm. I’m sure I could ask more but I’m posting my best price. Absolutely no trades, so please don’t ask.

If you’re looking for a complete car that you don’t have to do anything to, this is it. You’ve probably heard it’s best to buy something finished than take on a long duration and never ending money pit project. Just drive it and enjoy the compliments at the local cruise nights. I’m selling early in the season to be enjoyed all summer long, depending on where you live.

Cons – couple (and I mean two or three) cracks in paint that are hardly noticeable. Has 15 year old TA Radial tires, not really worn but should be replaced because they are “dry” from being in garage most of the time. Needs front wheel alignment after adjusting front end height to suit my taste. As of reading of this ad I will probably have the alignment taken care of.

FB_IMG_1509455824393.jpg

20160611_194312.jpg

20160706_154818_001.jpg

20160917_223600.jpg

20170924_141446.jpg

20180526_223453.jpg

20180702_185805.jpg

20210711_133243 (1).jpg

20210805_183421.jpg

20220320_101909.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.