1967 Plymouth Hurst Barracuda - Jay Leno's Garage

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1967 Plymouth Hurst Barracuda - Jay Leno's Garage

Chris McCollum stops by to talk muscle and show Jay the project car that B&M purpose-built to relive the dream of the original Hurst Hemi Cuda that stormed the nationals and world finals in the '60s and ‘70s.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR3RnkTNocE"]1967 Plymouth Hurst Barracuda - Jay Leno's Garage - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Joey...that was fun. The B&M guy seemed a little clueless. I thought when he opened the trunk to show Jay the stereo system and pulled out the rags was kind of amateur. All in all, enjoyable.

Nice looking car. Thanks for posting it!

Thanks Joey...that was fun. The B&M guy seemed a little clueless. I thought when he opened the trunk to show Jay the stereo system and pulled out the rags was kind of amateur. All in all, enjoyable.

Yeah, and "we" didn't get to see in the trunk. Would have like to have heard more about the dash conversion. The BM guy did know, however, that the 408 came from a 360 and not a 340

Leno had a little trouble hanging onto that gold shift ball, I noticed LOL

Great video...I've always liked the 2 tone Hurst cars of ALL makes 8)

Jay Leno is a true car guy IMO

and I quote Mr. Jay Leno himself "the first generation cuda was basically a Plymouth valiant with a big slant back window ***wrinkles nose*** where this one has some REAL STYLE"

LOL

the car is absolutely gorgeous but what is up with the rap mogul speakers in the back? probably a 100 pounds of dead weight.

I could see Ronnie sox rattling the deck lid with massive bass from Waylon Jennings :finga:

We only just got the video unlocked for Australia. For me it was a bit of a disappointing car, considering it was built as a showcase/SEMA car from a huge aftermarket company.

I was a little confused by the wheel and tire choice together with the stance. IMO it should have either been tubbed or mini tubbed with big and littles (if keeping the centerlines) or some nice modern pro-touring style wheels. It really looks lost. Not to mention the rake without the rear tire to back it up.
The underbody shot showed nice clean new suspension bits, with what looked like a gas tank from a wreck. Looking closely you can see some bad paint etc. And having a big stereo?? what are they thinking? Im happy Jay said what he said.
It looks like a no-care, slap up, not what I'd expect from a SEMA car.
Rant over, I wish they let me build it :)

Love the polished Centerlines!

I may be the only one!

-
Back