1967 Plymouth Valiant 273 Commando 4-Speed

-
YIKES !! Don't you hate it when people let them sit and rot :mad:

Cool car...didn’t someone here have one also, I think it was even a 4-door! Rare cars for sure, very neat!

I think up to 66 or 67 you could get what you wanted. Like 426 MAX Wedge 4 speed wagons, 4 door Hemi Coronets, etc.

A friend of mine Kenny had a 4 door 4 spd commando. He raced it for a long time high 13 second car. Dark blue with Blue interior.

This one was found in 2011 and is a a pilot car, found near the Chrysler Proving Grounds in Buckeye, AZ. I saw some things that never made it to production vehicles! I don't know if it ever got restored...

April 2011 007.JPG

April 2011 005.JPG

April 2011 010.JPG

April 2011 009.JPG

April 2011 008.JPG

April 2011 014.JPG

That car was on fb, I wanna say 9500 beans, looks like it was recently removed.

About 2005 I was looking for a 67 Valiant 2-door and ran across this one, I don't have the details but it was a 4-speed commando car, wanted $8000, not in my price range at the time, it was in Ion California.
000-01.jpg

000-03.jpg

Alan

I am ashamed to say I was responsible for the disappearance of one of these cars. In the mid to late 70's I bought a 67 4speed Comando Valiant. I don't recall a bunch about it. It was light green and had red bucket seat interior. I wound up trading it for a 66 GTO convertible. 389 4 Speed with a 4.30 gear. Well the guy I traded it to yanked the little 273 and 4 speed, tubed the car and dropped a 440 4 speed in it and drag raced it to death.

I am ashamed to say I was responsible for the disappearance of one of these cars. In the mid to late 70's I bought a 67 4speed Comando Valiant. I don't recall a bunch about it. It was light green and had red bucket seat interior. I wound up trading it for a 66 GTO convertible. 389 4 Speed with a 4.30 gear. Well the guy I traded it to yanked the little 273 and 4 speed, tubed the car and dropped a 440 4 speed in it and drag raced it to death.
Years ago I got a Commando 273 from a friend who had it in his 67 Barracuda (an original 383 car) when I asked about the history he said the guy he got it from removed it from a Valiant as he was building a race car. Same car? Where was this?

Alan

Years ago I got a Commando 273 from a friend who had it in his 67 Barracuda (an original 383 car) when I asked about the history he said the guy he got it from removed it from a Valiant as he was building a race car. Same car? Where was this?

Alan
Brandon Fl.

There are probably 20 67 Darts for every one of these still in the road today. I must admit, I wasn't keen on the body style but I kinda like it now. Guys got some 70 series tires on that...?

The plastic tarp kept it mint!
Usually a plastic tarp over a car stored outside is the kiss of death as it keeps the moisture in. There is also a photo showing the car sunk in mud almost to the rocker panels. Seems like the floors and frame rails would be gone.

-
Back