1967 Plymouth Valiant Signet Coupe

-

RabidScott

Reaction score
Hey guys, considering selling my 1967 Valiant because once again I collected too much crap (up to five vintage cars!) and this one is currently pretty low on the "build" list.

Problem being... I'm not sure what it's worth.

I bought it from from FABO member "67Signet" and fixed it up with lots of great goodies, but there are some negatives.

I'll list the parts and bad spots, maybe you all can recommend a purchase price for the whole vehicle. I realize the economy sucks and most cars are worth more as parts, but if I can sell the whole enchilada for a decent price I may not be inclined to part it out.

Good stuff:
* It's a two door Valiant!! :D
* Super Six
* HEI Conversion
* Runs fantastic! Previously attaining a documented 25-26 freeway MPG in my old previous 1967 Valiant
* 11 3/4" front disc brakes
* Hellwig front swaybar with poly bushings
* Poly bushings on the strut rods
* New larger balljoint upper control arms
* 1" front torsion bars
* Factory 3 speed manual on the tree converted to Overdrive Four Speed with OEM floor hump
* Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
* 8 1/4 rearend, large bolt pattern, 3.23 gears
* Factory 3/4" rear swaybar with E-body swaybar mounting brackets (sandwiches between housing and spring, best style IMO)
* OEM dual scoops with OEM chrome bezels
* black and yellow Cali plates

Bad:
* Car was in wreck prior, damaged driver inner fender. Have TWO OEM replacement panels now.
* Passenger side rocker smashed from something. Have OEM replacement piece.
* Driver's side latch post (on quarter) loose and surrounding sheetmetal cracked. Common. Door still latches.
* Transmission leaks
* Gas gauge and dash lights does not work.
* Passenger side floor replaced by previous owner with screws and flat sheetmetal.
* Some minor rust around car.

Other:
* I plan on keeping the 1974 Ferrari steering wheel ;) but have a Grant to replace it as well as an original steering wheel from a non-Signet.

I have driven this car to Boulder Creek and back as well as around town a bit and it's a fun car that handles pretty tight, brakes really well, and scoots around like a strong slant six should.

Picture and a hyperlink to more pictures:

valiant001.JPG

Pictures of the 1967 Plymouth Valiant Coupe

So... Whadyall think it's worth as a whole unit in the real world? ....and as parts?

Please don't crush or part this car out. It is a great platform to build a super car. It has the pieces in place for a V8 or daily driver as is. What, maybe $3500+? Great car too.

Dont part it. The 67 and 68 valiants are getting so hard to find anymore.

$3500 seems high for these cars, plus the tags are out on this one.

I think I'm going to throw it in the classifieds for $3000 as is. It's a driver, come get it out of my hair!! :)

-
Back