1968 340 Correct Radiator Hoses

-

71ChallengerSE

A, B, & E Owner
Reaction score
I recently added a 340 Barracuda almost survivor to my collection and the motor is very original except the hoses have been changed over the years. Does anyone have pictures of the original hoses or what the part numbers are for one without A/C. Are they stamped like the later cars on the end?
Thanks!

I kept original hoses off my car, I can get you pics later Sunday (not home until then).
It's a 318, but should be same I would think.

Go to RockAuto.com and get the Continental upper without AC is 60666, only 2 remaining. And 60662 for lower. Goodyear changed to Continental and the part numbers stayed the same. These are very nice looking hoses and you will be happy with them.

Go to RockAuto.com and get the Continental upper without AC is 60666, only 2 remaining. And 60662 for lower. Goodyear changed to Continental and the part numbers stayed the same. These are very nice looking hoses and you will be happy with them.

And these hoses have the pentastars and OEM part numbers on them? Hmmm

Absolutely not marked as you want! I bought some for a driver because I didn't care about markings. Removed all markings with acetone.

Absolutely not marked as you want! I bought some for a driver because I didn't care about markings. Removed all markings with acetone.

I have several factory font stamp sets and I would like to mark them correctly but I don't know how the original 68 hoses were marked.

Here you go. If you have right templates I would be very interested in getting a set marked for my car as well!
As you can see, the upper markings are upside down when hose is installed on car.
Line on lower radiator hose has a green tint to it.

IMG_0908.JPG
IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG

Excellent, can you tell me how tall the numbers are and the height of the pentastar from base to tip? Thickness of the green pinstripe? If I mark up one set for me I might as well do a couple. I'll let you know how it goes.

Upper hose: Pentastar is 3/4", lettering is 5/16", white line is 1/16".
Lower hose: Lettering is 1/4". line is 1/16". Lettering appears to be a goldish tint, not white like upper.

According to my parts catalog, same part numbers on both for 318 and 340.
The 42095 also matches the print on my heater hoses and alternator belt.

Yes, great resource.
I have downloaded 68-73 parts catalogs in the past.
I also have PDF service manual for 68, but had to pay for that one. Wasn't free download back in the day.

Upper hose: Pentastar is 3/4", lettering is 5/16", white line is 1/16".
Lower hose: Lettering is 1/4". line is 1/16". Lettering appears to be a goldish tint, not white like upper.

According to my parts catalog, same part numbers on both for 318 and 340.
The 42095 also matches the print on my heater hoses and alternator belt.

Perfect this is exactly what I wanted to know, now I can mark up a couple sets. Thanks!

Glad to help out.
Always willing to share information/pics from my car.
Doesn't get much more un-restored or original than what I have sitting in the garage.

Did anything ever come of all of this? Very interested for my 68, 340 formula S.

Came up empty handed. I messaged @71ChallengerSE a few times with no reply and he hasn’t been on here in a couple years.

Close but no cigar. I would still like a pair for my GTS.

Thanks to @68original for his input and pictures. Maybe a winter project when spare time is less limited.

Cliff Ramsdell
IMG_2406.jpeg

I would love a set for my 68 numbers matching Formula S. Fingers crossed.

-
Back