1968-69 Dodge Dart Hardtop Door Latches - Same for both years? Or different?

Mopar Body and Trim

1. ocdart

ocdart Inland Mopars Car Club FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    Hey 1968-69 Dodge Dart gurus, are the door latches used on the hardtop models the same for both model years?
    I found some new ones available but they're only listed in the catalog for 1968 models. It doesn't seem logical that they would be a 1-year only item, but we're talking about Mopar here so I want to make sure before I buy something I may not be able to use on my '69 Dart build.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Neverdone

Neverdone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:25 PM
    Ocdart, I myself have a 69 Valiant sedan, what I found is I have a 68 & a 69 door. The doors had different latchs, my brothers 68 Dart had the same latch as my 68 door so I’m assuming there is a difference between the 2 years.

3. Cal Tonsley

Cal Tonsley Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:55 AM
    No I think that they are actually different, the 68 latch is different in that the knob locking mechanism of a 69 won’t hook up to these latches, I bought a pair hoping they’d work on my 69 but learnt this the hard way. They’d work on a 69 if you modified them to lock via an electric solenoid remote type system and did away with the internal locking knobs.

4. A56

A56 MoParAffliction

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    Does the Dart 69 door have the push down lock button in a different location than the 68 also ? Similar to the difference between 68 and 69 cuda's?

• Like Like x 1
    • Neverdone

Neverdone Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:25 PM
      Sorry for the response delay. 68 door has the lock knob at the rear of the door, 69 is forward.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.