Status
Not open for further replies.

crj1968

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
My car, here is FB link.

1968 AMC AMX v8 290 4 speed. American Motors Xperimental- built in Kenosha, Wisconsin

Borg Warner T-10 4 speed. This has the same shifter you see in basic dusters/dart (inline?) . Clutch good. Posi rear.

Running driving, new tires, 15" wheels mopar steel up front, new American Racing Torq thrust 15's in rear.
Newer fuel tank, radiator, 4bbl edelbrock carb.

Car was originally gold, then looks like red and now silver. Car is Unrestored. Glass good. Enjoy as you fix it up...

To answer some questions. Yes, door tag, matches VIN also tag on passenger shock tower with VIN. clean Idaho title in hand.

I am unsure if it is the original engine, but the engine is a 290. Runs and drives fine as it is. Has a lifter tick at start-up. Run about the same as an old 318 / 289

I do not know how old the paint job is...at least 15 years I'd guess. some rust/bubbling in lower right rear quarter. Floor pan and trunk are solid. Another update... Yes the car is a factory 2 seater.
Shares doors, fenders, hood, and trunk lid with the Javelin. Fuel gauge not working- tank and sending unit are new, I believe it needs the little voltage regulator that plugs into the back of dash- if you are familiar with these, it's same one a mopar from the same era uses.

Hood is from a Javelin SST. Looked like the car took small shot in the front. tweaked the front bumper, likely ruined the hood and grill. When I got the car it had a grille from a Ford Maverick installed, sort of.

Mark Donahue aftermarket duck tail spoiler on rear- poorly finished fiberglass piece. Doesn't really belong on this car, but it's there.

Biggest issue is the interior. When I got the car the interior was completely done in gold and tan shag carpet. I've torn all that out covered some panels in vinyl. Headline is missing, aftermarket plastic ones are available. Car needs a trip to a decent interior shop. That would make a world of difference to it's appearance. Last but not least is a working Jensen AM/FM Cassette deck powering a monster 5" speaker. It's amazing... ;)

Car is safe and sound in my garage while shipping arrangements are made....no worries there.

7.jpg
77.jpg
777 - Copy.jpg
7777 - Copy.jpg
77777.jpg
777777.jpg
77777777.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back