1968 Barracuda color - is it stock?

-

JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
I am not a lifelong Mopar guy (til recently) and I have been struggling with a color selection for my 69 Dart resto-mod. This color has flipped my switch!

Can you tell me if it's a stock color and what # so I can order it?

Thanks for the help!

FB79D56D-64AB-4DA9-B1D2-F9323A810CD6.jpeg

F2F63A9D-AB9F-4D88-8F00-6B7AC4D25EAC.jpeg
03B867F6-2DB9-42F0-9573-096FE27352E4.jpeg
88611D5B-9D8A-4B87-8B5F-2E60B81CB7D9.jpeg

This may be the color, but I don’t know if it’s original or not. This is a 1967. It looks awesome in the sun! Don’t know what the code is though. Sorry!

The old girl has been repainted. I think this probably shows the original color on the package tray.

i am not a fart enough smeller to know what it is though!

20180307_161629.jpg

Still quite a bit of stripping and repair to be done.

LL1 is a strange color. My '68 Road Runner had original paint in that color, and depending on the light, it looked quite different. The photos in post #5 look like LL1 in bright sunlight. Under streetlights, it looks almost dark blue. Under the fluorescent lights of my garage, and shaded from natural light, it looked different still.
With modern paint jobs, different paint sources will make it seem inconsistently hued. I've seen cars parked next to each other at a show that were supposed to be LL1, and they were clearly different colors.
KK1 Mist Turquoise is a much lighter color, and the paint chips in post #2 make both colors look darker than I believe they are.
Surf Turquoise is my favorite Mopar color, and if it didn't have a Forest Green Interior, I'd commit heresy and paint my Barracuda LL1.

thread title says 68, pic in first post is 68.

I LOVE that color, too.

thread title says 68, pic in first post is 68.

I LOVE that color, too.
His first sentence he said he has a 69. That's where I got my year. The first picture is a 67. (No side marker lights)

The original color on my 67 Fastback is K1 medium turquoise poly. It's in primer right now awaiting a fresh coat.

I have no broadcast sheet.

Can they be replaced?

...and the caption in the pic says it's a 68 )although there are no marker lights)...

...but the more I look at that pic...I think it's a 3D rendering.

but I still LOVE 196x turquoise!

-
Back