[SOLD] 1968 barracuda grilles (restored)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda67man

Reaction score
Rating - 97.1%
34   1   0
Contact seller
selling a set of restored 68 barracuda grilles. plastic inserts are perfect. factory original studs.outside rims are perfect and dent free with outstanding chrome like shine. top quality restoration for show nites. date on pics are wrong...... they were taken yesterday. 800 for the set plus ship from NY.

000_0104.JPG

000_0103.JPG

000_0106.JPG

000_0109.JPG

000_0110.JPG

000_0112.JPG

000_0114.JPG

Last edited:
So your not the restorer chrome shop.
Not really sure what this means. You sell a lot of grills restored and you do not know what is done to them?

I think what he's asking is. Does the chrome shop actually anodize the aluminum parts or did they chrome them? Since you mention them as a chrome shop it does sort of imply that they are chromed. I know that some of the parts are actually die-cast chrome parts but some are plastic and some are anodized AL. I've also seen a thread here on FABO where some people are clear coating their AL trim after polishing instead of anodizing.

These are Relevant questions men, but let's try some privet conversations, thank you all for understanding.
Staff member.
memike

These are Relevant questions men, but let's try some privet conversations, thank you all for understanding.
Staff member.
memike
so all knows.......not anodized. stripped down and high speed polished..... i dont ask the entire process....shiney look like chrome finish and look awesome.. ones on my car look same for 5 years.

The Grills look very nice but like to know what was done to the aluminum surrounds, The turn signal bezel chromed? Lens no cracks polished? the inner grill surround chromed? the inner plastic glassbeeded and painted. the black grill straps that a riveted back on, striped and repainted, powder coated? Stuff like this. Am I asking to much. sorry if I am I will just move on no big deal. Good luck with your sale.

I agree with Dave, parts look great in the pics, but I'd also be interested in those details.
this is what he just told me hope this helps everyone///1968 barracuda grilles that has been professionally restored. Grilles had NO dents anywhere before restoration //acid dipped then stripped to bare aluminum /1200 wet sand and an excellent high polished chrome like shine on the outside rim then sealed. grille was repainted mopar silver and restriped. All studs are factory originals and perfect. All brackets were media blasted to bare metal / primed /and repainted satin black just like factory.The factory center plastic insert is in excellent condition with no broken fins and painted black and chrome grille inserts is in original great condition with an excellent shine to it blinker light also in outstanding condition chrome wise and lens is clear but does have some stress cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back