1968 Barracuda Notch - Plano, TX

-
Car is off to the body / paint shop. Suddenly there is a lot of room in the garage.

Attachments

• DSC02003.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,228
I'm jealous. Wish I could make progress on the body of my vert but there never seems to be enough time. I have made some decent progress on the hemi wiring harness though. Need to pick up a fuel pump so I can get it fired up on the stand

Mike, Mike, Mike...what day is it????? Hump dayyyeeeee!!:blob:

Nice going! I really like the insane Six Pack!

I have to catch up with you! Mine needs some patches which should be happening soon. Then the black paint, then the black gator grain...no 440 though, just a mild 360.

Dave

On the rotisserie, tomorrow it will go to be media blasted.

Attachments

• P82A0053.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,125
You've done a ton of work and it's looking good. Are you going to the Mopar Nat's in Dallas next year? If I get mine done in time, I'll be there. I'd like to see your Cuda up close.

The car came back from the media blaster today. I received a text with a picture... I went over after work and took 38 more pictures before it gets primer tomorrow. Zero rust... and body damage was not as bad as we thought. This car is clean and VERY solid!

Attachments

• P82A0063s.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,261
  • P82A0095s.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,266
  • P82A0096s.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,276
Looks great! Just clear coat it and put her together!

Wow, that would be unique. It would look better than the paint that was on the car. Today the car will be painted with a Zinc Chromate primer which is kind of a light OD green. Just add black patches and it would look similar to the Warfish Cuda!

roll that beautiful baked bean footage!

Attachments

• P82A0100.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,195
  • P82A0101.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,171
  • P82A0105.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,173
That primer is certainly an interesting shade. When do expect to have some color on it?

First, some metal work:
  • Inner fender repair to damage from previous owner "modifications"
  • Radiator support modification to add lower cross brace
  • Trunk floor modification and mounting frame to accommodate and support new fuel tank
  • Rear wheel well mini tub repair / clean up
  • Smooth firewall and remove any un-needed holes in the engine compartment
  • Add fire wall between trunk and passenger compartment
  • Transmission tunnel modification and reinforcement for six speed
  • Replace rear spring mounts
  • Add sub frame connectors
  • Add torque boxes
  • Repair driver's side door jamb
  • Repair driver's side rocker, needs about a 6 inch section replaced
  • Repair driver's side quarter panel
  • Create exhaust cut outs in rear valance
  • Align and gap fenders, doors, trunk lid, hood
And then paint... may be a little while. Meanwhile, the transmission cross member, console top plate and transmission have arrived. Also received a new front valance today. Still need the bell housing.

Metal work is underway. Sam is pretty good at this stuff.

Torque boxes are being installed, post leaning against the car is one of the subframe connectors. Second and third pictures are close ups of a front and rear box.

Attachments

• P82A0159.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,043
  • P82A0162.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,742
  • P82A0163s.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,939
Jason Rushforth put his spin on the car. He did several versions. Green is a little light, but you get the idea. I darkened (removed) the wheel trim. This is my wife's favorite of the bunch:

Attachments

• Barracuda 1a.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,135
Im almost done blocking mine. We have painted the door handles (2010 Challanger), Mirrors (street rod) and Hood (Large 6 Pac type). Now I am getting the doors and deck lid ready.

Would like to come see the car sometime. Are you still looking for a Notch rear window? Saw a post you mentioned that while looking for your build thread. I have two decent used ones and know where to get new if you need.

Dropped off the engine, transmission and front suspension today for fitment. Torque boxes and spring box welding is complete. Subframe connectors are fitted up and welded in the rear. Final welding on the connectors will happen with weight on the suspension after fenders, doors, and all are gapped.

Attachments

• P82A0164s.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • P82A0171s.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,983
Hey Michael,

Tell me about the trans crossbrace and trans mount in the last picture.

Mike in FL

Door striker on the drivers side was pulled out and the PO repair was done very poorly. On the passenger side the sheet metal had several cracks. I bought these new plates and Sam installed them. He did a great job! These plates worked great! He fully welded the raised area and plug welded the top and bottom (see product pictures:http://www.dynamicrenovation.net/detail.php?ID=33 http://www.dynamicrenovation.net/detail.php?ID=42 ) After primer and minor body work you will not be able to tell these were repaired!

Plates are from http://www.dynamicrenovation.net/

Attachments

• P82A0178.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 995
  • P82A0180.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 995
Nice work!

I'll say! I have some experience welding, but definitely not the skill level of this guy. Here is a closer view, welds have not been cleaned up! Good clean welds, good penetration, everything was checked for square, and the rear axle fitted. He took his time and did really good work here.

Attachments

• P82A0172s.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 975
Hey Michael,

Tell me about the trans crossbrace and trans mount in the last picture.

Mike in FL

Todd Johnson:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=249492

We are not sure if it will be direct bolt in because my trans is slightly different than Todd's and I am running a big block which makes the bell different. Todd told me up front that he was not sure if it would work and I decided to give it a go anyway. I will know in about a week if it will work as is or if we have to make any "adjustments". I will feed back that info to Todd of course!

I'll say! I have some experience welding, but definitely not the skill level of this guy. Here is a closer view, welds have not been cleaned up! Good clean welds, good penetration, everything was checked for square, and the rear axle fitted. He took his time and did really good work here.

Great welders are good to have as friends! LOL
Great progress, lookin fwd to more pics Mike

-
Back