CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
1968 Barracuda Fastback Rear Window Trim

As some of you know, I'm going to the Monster Mopar Weekend next month and want to raise up some extra cash for the trip. No reasonable offer will be refused. Let's face it ... I've made like seventy bucks since the April tornado so it's time to unload this stuff.

A prior owner who was apparently unfamiliar with trim clips put 3 holes through the long pieces, one on one long piece and two on the other long piece. The shorter pieces are intact. Aside from the obvious defects that will need welding, it will clean up with a minor effort -- the rest has merely fine scratches, nothing deep. No bends or other damage. (The pics actually make it look worse than it is -- my camera picks up everything.)

View attachment IMG_4836.jpg

View attachment IMG_4838.JPG

View attachment IMG_4839.JPG

View attachment IMG_4840.JPG

View attachment IMG_4841.JPG

View attachment IMG_4842.JPG

View attachment IMG_4844.JPG

View attachment IMG_4845.JPG

View attachment IMG_4846.jpg

View attachment IMG_4847.JPG

This trim was on my car for the last 19 years. It's not perfect by any means, but I have to tell you not one single person pointed and laughed at it that whole time or even mentioned noticing the holes in it. It works fine as is for a daily driver. I know it's not a pristine restored $600 set like you might see on ebay, but make me a realistic offer and it can be yours. My PM inbox is at 99% so post your best offer right here in the thread to save your place in line.

More pics to follow .....

Thanks for looking! :-D

There is a member here who needs just the 2 lower pieces. I dont know if he was seeking fastback or notchback but I do know from experience it can take many years to find seperate pieces.
Good luck to all

I've been approached about breaking up the set and am considering it. What piece(s) do you need? If I can get "pre-orders" and a reasonable offer for all four pieces of it, then we'll go that way. I know this stuff is hard to find but I'm willing to be reasonable. I'd fix it myself if I had the time.

First in line is dmaccons who called me about it a couple days ago. Please respond in this thread and let me know which ones you wanted ... I was up in the air with something when we talked -- on my shop roof lol -- and I didn't write it down.

Since I figured I'd need more close up pictures or details, I haven't packaged it up for shipping yet drive48. But I can. :-D

I'm not dead set on a price but have seen sets go for a lot of money ... and this isn't perfect by any means. Think on a number and I'll get back with you on the shipping quote. It won't weigh much but it'll be large and well packed -- don't want it getting torn up on the way.

Thanks for asking! :-D

The stuff doesn't ship easy. I used a stick of 1 X 4 with styrofoam blocks and zip ties to fasten it in its shape. Shipper still managed to bend it a little.
Loosely packed in a TV box might be better. Good luck

Bennie, I've had good luck moving flat trim pieces by just taping them on the backside to a large sheet of cardboard. Old carpet tubes and 6" pvc pipe work great too ... if there aren't any bends in it. LOL

Curtis, I've got ya down on the list. :-D

I was interested in the 2 lower pieces if you decide to break up the set!
thanks,Doug

I could use the upper right short piece. If you will sell it separately how much? I am just over the border near Huntsville, AL.

I could use the upper right short piece. If you will sell it separately how much? I am just over the border near Huntsville, AL.

huh ? You might have the wrong car.
Upper and side is one long L shaped piece for left and right. Then the 2 short pieces for the bottom make 4 total.

68 fastback fish, right? I need the passenger side upper trim which is the piece on the lower left side of the first pic you have posted. Need it so I have a full set when I sell off leftover parts from building my 68 fish up. Should ship pretty easily since ythe upper pieces are not very big and curved.

68 fastback fish, right? I need the passenger side upper trim which is the piece on the lower left side of the first pic you have posted. Need it so I have a full set when I sell off leftover parts from building my 68 fish up. Should ship pretty easily since ythe upper pieces are not very big and curved.

Ok I've been wrong before but I think its shown in that first pic the way it is positioned on the car.

I laid it out in that first pic on the carpet to show how it would go on the car.

The two shorter pieces go along the top of the back window to each side of the car, and the two long ones form the teardrop of the back glass at the bottom.

I'm still figuring out shipping quotes guys but thanks for the bumps. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back