1968 BARRACUDA WHEEL & TIRE OPTIONs !!!!

-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
:violent1:
:cheers:
:newb:

OKAY GUYS IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE CORRECT WHEELS AND TIRES FOR MY 1968 BARRACUDA (NOTCH) I WAS ORIGINALLY TOLD THAT I WAS STUCK WITH 14" OR 15" SINCE THATS ALL OLD MOPARS OFFERED AND THAT UNLESS I HAD SWITCH TO 4 1/2 FROM THE 5X4'S THAT THATS WHAT I SHOULD GET ... BUT I RECENTLY MEASURE MY BOLT PATTERN AND FOUND OUT IT IS A 5X4 1/2 I'm doubting my self did i measure wrong?

also I'm having trouble finding the right size wheel with the right size tire.
for all i know i have stock suspension on my car nothing special not too sure just bought it.

I'm thinking 15x8 in rear with 245/60/15's in REAR
I'm thinking 15x7 in front with 205/60/15's in FRONT

with these would i have any rubbing on the rear Leaf? or any rubbing at all?
thanks guys for the help that always COMEs...
Aaron,

:happy2:

:king:

I run standard 14" x 5.5 (?) SBP rallies in front with 205/70 tires. In back I have SBP 15x8 rallies from Wheel Vintiques with 275/60 drag radials. Fit and look good IMO.

No way to take pics and post or send them. Lotsa other fishes have the same combo.

so you have the 15x8 on 275/60's in the REAR and there no kind of rubbing did you have to change out anything?

I run 275x50x15 MT ET Streets on the back with SS springs. Stock spring location, 15 x 8 inch wheel with 4 inch back spacing.

215/70/15's up front, 275/60/15's out back. 15" x 7", 4-1/4" back spacing all the way around. Standard front end rebuild, SS springs out back, with 1/2" spacer to keep tire away from springs.

215/70/15's up front, 275/60/15's out back. 15" x 7", 4-1/4" back spacing all the way around. Standard front end rebuild, SS springs out back, with 1/2" spacer to keep tire away from springs.

That is a very tall tire for the front. About 1" taller than stock. Are the lower front edges of your front fenders cut?

Last month I put these Weld RT-S rims on my 68 Notchback.

Fronts are 15x6, 5x4.5 boltpattern, 3.5 inch backspacing 195/65R15 tires
Rears are 15x8, 5x4.5 boltpattern, 5.5 inch backspacing(I have B-Body rear end) 275/60R15 tires
I have SS springs installed. Have about an inch from leafsprings. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• cuda1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,137
  • cuda15.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,641
  • cuda6.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1,544
Thanks for the help, all of it helps out.

Nice set up 68darthawaii . That is a perfect example of what I've wanted to see

Hey guys I'm trying to look for wheels locally on the Craigslist website .
Can you guy give me a some brands of wheels I can search for .

I've tried weld wheels, moar wheels, I've tried searching for bolt pattern.
I've found nothing really good...

Thanx guys

Thanks for the help, all of it helps out.

Nice set up 68darthawaii . That is a perfect example of what I've wanted to see

Your welcome man!!! I had to carefully make sure about the backspacing in the rear. Yours should be 4.5 inches with a 15x8 rim. See my buddies white 68 Notchback in the pic. His Weld's are the same size front and rear(backspacing 4.5 in), and same tire size front and rear. Regarding other brands-Crager and American Torque Thrusts. hope this helps!!!

Attachments

• cuda10.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,424
Again thanx for the help that's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for now I'm comfortable getting my 15x8 4.5 in rear with 15x7 4 1/4 in front I was thinking 205/60/15 in front with 245/60/15 rears ...

Thanx again. I think I just finished watching your you tube video. Looks the same awesome car great video. If that is yours, which I'm pretty sure it is.

I love that mean look your fish has, how it's higher from the back more.
Let me ask you is that because of your tires and wheels or because of the springs.
Or because you switch it with the B- body rear end?

Again thanx for the help that's perfect. Exactly what I was hoping for now I'm comfortable getting my 15x8 4.5 in rear with 15x7 4 1/4 in front I was thinking 205/60/15 in front with 245/60/15 rears ...

Thanx again. I think I just finished watching your you tube video. Looks the same awesome car great video. If that is yours, which I'm pretty sure it is.

A 215-60R15 for the front would be better.

Factory tire was 25.8" tall
215-60R15 is 25.2" tall
205-60R15 is 24.7" tall

I love that mean look your fish has, how it's higher from the back more.
Let me ask you is that because of your tires and wheels or because of the springs.
Or because you switch it with the B- body rear end?

It's higher because of the super stock springs. My buddy with the white 68 has heavy duty springs. See the difference with height. Before I did the SS springs my rear end was lower than his. Thanks!

That is a very tall tire for the front. About 1" taller than stock. Are the lower front edges of your front fenders cut?
1968FormulaS340:
Front fenders not cut. Tires come very close to rubbing @ front of fenders. Had the front end raised 1.0" (prioir to alignment), to decrease the rake angle from front to back. Worked out very well IMO. BTW, the SS springs have been on the car for 12 years now. Front tire in pic is in a bit of a hole and make the rake angle look a bit more than it actually is.

Attachments

• DSCN1278.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,391
HAs anyone here seen that movie HIGHWAY MEN - that 68 super stock HEMi has a front lower spoiler and i think it looks rather good. is that a universal front spoiler? or from a different car?

NICE HOOD SMlVEightis! looks awesome.

It does not make any sense that a taller tire of equal width on the same wheel would clear when a shorter tire of equal width on the same wheel would not.

Has anyone done a larger rim than a 15? I am starting to search around for rims and tires for my 1968 Barracuda, but I can't seem to find anyone who has gone bigger than a 15.

THE TORQS - come in a 16'' and look nice but i havent seen them on someones car... was actually looking to sitch to them soon

I was hoping to try something in the 17-20 inch range but I want more than an inch of rubber... That's why I was hoping to see if someonehas done it before and if they had pictures

I recently bought the Alterkation kit with the Wilwood brakes. I'm very close to installing them. However, I can't go stock anymore on the wheels. Their recommendations is a wheel no smaller than a 17". I would prefer going with a 18" since there are more options on tire sizes. Does anyone know what is the max diameter and width on the overall size of the wheel with the tire without going crazy on adjustments or cutting?

-
Back