1968 Dart 2.8L Tires

-

JasonB

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I could use some help. I am trying to figure out what tires will fit on my rims (14 inch x 5.5 inch, 13 mm positive offset) and will fit on my slant 6, 2.8 L 1968 Dart (base model). I know that the back tires aren't the problem given that the rims aren't huge. I was thinking 215 70 R14 (which is the largest that I could find tat would fit on the rims). I used 1010tires.com and it seems like they'll fit, but I wanted to get a live opinion from some people who live and breath this stuff.

Thanks

205/70R14's is what I run. Good balance between price,availability, and fit. 215's may fit back but watch for rubbing in front at full lock.
1a.jpg

This is actually something I have been thinking about also if you don’t mind the hijack to get further info
Will 215’s (going taller) affect the gear ratio/ acceleration/driving feel? With the slant every bit helps. So should you keep the stock 205’s out back and go, say 185 in front for a slight rake?

This is actually something I have been thinking about also if you don’t mind the hijack to get further info
Will 215’s (going taller) affect the gear ratio/ acceleration/driving feel? With the slant every bit helps. So should you keep the stock 205’s out back and go, say 185 in front for a slight rake?
Have at it! I’m curious myself.

215mm wide, but the 70 is a ratio between the sidewall and tread width. 215 70r14will be .6 taller or .3wider from the spindle to the edge of fender lip than a 205
Stock tire was like a
Standard tire size:

6.50 - 13

Tire width (mm):

Tire sidewall factor:

Rim size (in):

Total wheel diameter (mm / in):

594 / 23.4
and the 205/70r14 is 25.3 tall. It will register slower on the speedo (60 register as 55) as it turns slower to cover the same ground, and will act like a very slightly shorter gear in the back ie. Slower acceleration but faster top end.

Last edited:
-
Back