1968 Dodge Dart Convertible Fresh Air Vent Doors

-

Alexmorrison64

1968 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
Reaction score
Been looking for those two hinged metal doors (with the small handle). These attach to the two fresh air vents on the interior. Mine rusted away 20 years ago and I can't find them anywhere. Photo attached of one that I found online (someone was selling the entire assembly).

Also, does anyone know if there is supposed to be a screen or filter somewhere in the fresh air vent assembly to keep debris from flying through?

DSC03425.JPG

There is no screens. I seen a for sale ad here today or yesterday for the complete front of the heater box and the complete passenger side assembly...check the for sale ads, you will find them...

Been looking for those two hinged metal doors (with the small handle). These attach to the two fresh air vents on the interior. Mine rusted away 20 years ago and I can't find them anywhere. Photo attached of one that I found online (someone was selling the entire assembly).

Also, does anyone know if there is supposed to be a screen or filter somewhere in the fresh air vent assembly to keep debris from flying through?

View attachment 1715805282
Screens? We don't need no stinkin' screens! First time I opened my doors after I bought my '70 Duster I was blasted with a cloud of debris that got into my eyes! Took several trips to finally get all the garbage out and a couple of vacuum sessions to clean the carpet. After that, all is good!

-
Back