1968 Dodge Dart GTS Stripes Bumble Bee Stripe

Mopar Body and Trim

1. 67cudagirl

67cudagirl Oregon

Local Time:
    9:53 AM
    does anyone know the correct specs (spacing and dimensions)on the stripe for the 68 dart gts, I got a set but they look wrong to me would like to get specs from an original if possible

thanks

2. 1968hemidart

1968hemidart MOPAR CHARLIE

Local Time:
    12:53 PM
    Check out my stripes on my 68 Dart, by the way, I make and sell them

mopar charlie

Attached Files:

3. puregts

puregts Well-Known Member

Local Time:

Absolutely. I had mine painted in and put under the clear coat. I didn't want to use a decal as wax tends to build up along the edges making the cleaning even more... entertaining. Here's some pic's, showing the shape (yes, there is shape to them. They kink in the middle or the trunk.) and location. Look closely at the pic's as they have the measurements in them for the spacing to and from objects and body lines.
    The green GTS was my guinea pig for the placement of where things go and what they should be. The red car is mine. Note the angle of the stripe is just a bit off in the pic. The 2" away from the marker is correct, my body guy blew the 8 3/8" part by not squaring it off the edge of the quarter at the tail lamp bezel. You don't notice it tooooo much and at the time I was so enamored with the out come, I didn't notice either.
    For the stripe, I took and used a Micrometer on another car's stripe, since it was an original decal, to get the widths and spacing. .250" (stripe color), .250" (body color), 2 3/4" (stripe color), .625" (body color), 2 3/4" (stripe color), .250" (body color), .250" (stripe color). Take these measurements and put them onto paper in the order I gave and you'll see the strip come out on paper and have a template to verify on a "living" car should you desire. I got real lucky being allowed to use a sharp metal instrument (micrometer) on/near a nice car's paint. Not every body will let someone they don't know do that.

Happy Striping

Attached Files:

4. puregts

puregts Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I thought it'd be nice to show you a full side view pic so you can get an idea of what it looks like done. This is fresh from the body shop, during reassembly, a couple years ago.

Attached Files:

5. Bluethunder428

Bluethunder428 Member

Local Time:
    So the stripe should be squared to the taillight? Mine is a 67 with no marker lights do you have any other measurements?

6. Chameleon

Chameleon Dart Conissuer

Local Time:
    12:53 PM
    The stripe is 4" from the first bend as shown in previous post. Make sure you point the stripe in the right direction which will be toward the rear of the car, its hard to see from the back but easy to see from the side. The stripe on the yellow car is not correct and was painted on by the PO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Bluethunder428

Bluethunder428 Member

Local Time:
    Thank you

8. dart4forte

dart4forte FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:53 PM
    Exactly what I was looking for

9. challengergary

challengergary Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:53 AM
    Charile,

Those look more like Coronet stripes. They look too thick to me. The ones on Chameleon's gold car look correct.

10. BrianT

BrianT Let's go! FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Gary I know you offer these stripes, would it be possible to order the negative of the stripes and use them for painting stripes on?

11. challengergary

challengergary Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Sure - there are two ways to do it. If your car has not been painted yet, paint the stripes first using a paint mask kit. If your car has already been painted, then you would need a stencil kit. I will shoot you a PM

12. viper8u

viper8u Member

Local Time:
    And how do I find out more? Custom stripe colors? Paint masking? details please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.