1968, Formula S, 340, 4 Speed, Fastback.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have completely lost interest in my car and would like to build something different.

So here it is. #s Matching, 62,000 miles with Fender Tag. The Engine has been rebuilt and is on a stand.

Includes:

Original Exhaust Manifolds
Factory 4424s AVS (correct for the car but wrong date code)
Factory Intake (but wrong date code)
Original Heads
Matching # Block
Matching # Transmission
3.91 Dana 60 in the car, Original 8 3/4 housing included.

5, E70-14 Redlines
3 Sets of wheel covers. Dog Dish, Deluxe and Wire. All correct for a 68 Barracuda.

Original inland Shifter but will also include a Hurst comp plus (both complete with mounting plates, rods and swivels)

2.5" TTI exhaust with "X" pipe.

Factory, AC, Disk Brake, 4 Speed, Deluxe interior car.

St. Helens Oregon, $20,000 Firm, clean, clear title in hand.
Note: The price will not be negotiated.

100_1936.jpg

That right there is my dream car. Beautiful job man, my first car (65 dart gt) was the same exact color. Good luck for sure.

I love this car... Wish I had a little more money and you were a little closer

If anyone needs someone local to go look at it for them hit me up, I am in the area.

Beauty Cuda! Love the pic's..Just wondering..where is the reverse light?

My 68 has one..................

Early 68's did not come with the dash mounted reverse light. Being that this one came with an Inland shifter, it would be an early build car. I have yet to see a car with both the Inland shifter and the reverse light.

By the way, nice car.

Craig

Early 68's did not come with the dash mounted reverse light. Being that this one came with an Inland shifter, it would be an early build car. I have yet to see a car with both the Inland shifter and the reverse light.

By the way, nice car.

Craig

sweet tidbit of info! Thanks.....

By the way, nice car.

Craig
Hey Craig;What was the cutoff for the inland and the reverse light? I have a 68 conv 4 speed it has both, it is on a rotisserie but the hole in the instrument panel looks factory and the lead going to it hasn't been butchered.Would appreciate all the information you have.Thanks

My early production all original Formula S convertible had the Inland shifter and no reverse light as well. I also have a 68 GTX convertible that does not have the reverse light. Early production as well. May be something to that.

This car is awesome. If I was looking for another A-body, This would be in my garage.
As I have told him this before. Great price for original DONE Formula S. "Drive and enjoy" that is my new motto anymore.
piecing stuff together today is way too costly, get upside down in a hurry. This car, you would always get your $$ back out of and a lot more down the road, and DRIVE and ENJOY...

For the doubters that think it may not be a factory 340, 4 speed car..... Stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

(Pics taken before the big engine and trans clean up. Yes, for some reason the trans was painted red at one time. Now it is painted cast iron. )

Vin on block = 8B153910
Serial Number on Block = DW34022471097
DW = Windsor plant
340 = 340cid
2247 = Friday, September 22, 1967
0197 = the build sequence

Vin on trans = 8B153910
Serial Number on on Trans = PP8332211 0044
PP = Plant code
833 = 833 4 speed
2211 = Thursday, August 17, 1967
0044 = the build sequence

Carb = 4424S (Correct for a 68 340, 4 Speed but has the wrong casting date.)
Intake = 2531915 (Correct for a 68 340 but has the wrong casting date.)

Heads and exhaust manifolds also have the correct casting numbers and date codes. They are the originals.

100_2869.jpg

100_2866.jpg

100_2865.jpg

100_2864.jpg

100_2861.jpg

100_2857.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

How could you lose interest in that car? Do what I did. Disconnect the battery and put a car cover over it. Come back in a month pull off car cover and start her up. You will realize what you almost did. And thank me.

P.S. that pipe comment was funny

How could you lose interest in that car? Do what I did. Disconnect the battery and put a car cover over it. Come back in a month pull off car cover and start her up. You will realize what you almost did. And thank me.

P.S. that pipe comment was funny

The car has been parked for 5 years, 2000 miles in 33 years. I really want to build something just for me and not have to worry about significantly altering a rare car.

Basically, I want to build a Group 44 inspired, 66 Trans Am, Dart.

I could keep it, but why? Time to let it go.

I understand that keeping it original deal. Thats why I made my own. Glad to see you are motivated on the Trans Am Dart. Good luck. And make it loud and fast like trans am used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back