1968 GTS emblems

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So when were they red and when were they black.

Could you get red or black on any body color ? Or did only certain body colors call for either/ or??

Also when equipped with a 383, did the 383 emblem on the fender always match whatever color the gts emblem right above was?

Nobody has been able to verify anything on the colors of the letters, though I have had WW1 white with red or black letters, and GG1 green with black or red letters. I would love to see a TSB or some definitive proof sometime before I die...

Could you get red or black on any body color ? Or did only certain body colors call for either/ or??

Also when equipped with a 383, did the 383 emblem on the fender always match whatever color the gts emblem right above was?

I have been pondering these exact same questions. Ours has Red GTS emblems and black 383 emblems - but they are all reproductions installed by the PO. Just this past weekend I scored a NOS set of red 383 emblems at a swap meet so I will be installing those so that everything matches. I sure would like to know the complete story here however...

68 gts, my parents bought brand new in 68, qq1 blue, black convertible top,, black emblems

For those of you with originals, what are the 5 digit vendor codes?

Same vendor number on black & red emblems or different numbers?

For those of you with originals, what are the 5 digit vendor codes?

Same vendor number on black & red emblems or different numbers?

The 383 emblems are the exact same castings with two different part numbers on them. One for red and one for black.
4tVCQxj.jpg

XQTlKIZ.jpg

Mine were original to the car, and both emblems black background. Car is GG1 Dark Green

-
Back