-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CUUDAK

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I am considering the sale of trade of my RARE 68 "H" code Barracuda. It is a Formula S Fastback in original QQ1 blue with a primered roof and decklid and white stripes down the sides. Clear Texas title in my name and registered as an antique with 5 year sticker. Front floor pans have been replaced and the entire frt & rear pans sealed with por15. Very solid A-body...0-frame rust. 4 spots of rust that are easily repaired with plugs. 2-dime sized spots, 1 on each of the frt fenders near the bottom. Third spot is top of the left 1/4 near the taillight and the fourth is at the bottom of the left 1/4 behind the rear wheel opening.. That is it as far as rust is concerned. 4 minor dents around the car. Drivers door, left 1/4, right 1/4 and left frt fender. Very minor coming from a ASE Master bodyman. I restore MoPaRs as a hobby in my shop. Was a 383 auto now has a warmed over 440 with a 4spd and 391 suregrip in a 8 3/4. The engine is a true 440 6pak engine "440-6 hp" stamped on the pad near the intake.. I was told it was a 1969 block but the date code states 1971. I can't see the side of the block well enuff to read the casting #..This engine has all the original 6pak internals.. It even had the original 6pak setup on it when i got it. Tuning was a nightmare so i sold the 6pak and put a torker11 with a 850 holley dpr. Runs waaaay better now. Engine, trans have less than 2000 miles since rebuild but the rear main seal is dripping. Has an aggressive cam(don't know lift or dur.) with the a-body cast iron manifolds on 906 heads and new dual exhaust w/flowmaster 40's to square tips out the back. "Sounds nice" I have a gallon of QQ1 ppg paint- new gas tank- door, roof and trunk w/s- new door, ignition and trunk lock kit- complete body gasket kit- nice upper and lower black dashpads- whiteface kit with blue led kit for instrument cluster with needle paint and plastic polish kit- 150 mph speedo fresh & recalibrated with white face already installed- big bolt rear axles w/green bearing to be installed- new windshield. I know i am forgetting stuff!! This is a real nice car with an easy resto. 4whl drum brakes that were rebuilt before the drivetrain was dropped in. New radial tires on rally wheels. I have done some research on this car and found that it was 1 of 392 "S" Fastbacks with 383/auto on the floor. Again, ithas a 440/4spd now. Engine bay was refinished before the drivetrian was dropped in it but they painted it B5 blue instead of QQ1. These are not the same color!! QQ1 is darker. You can jump in this car and boogie down the road in it!!! Frt end could use a rebuild. I am considering buying a poly kit for it. I have aquired several parts for this car before i was ready to tear it down to repair the body and repaint it. For the right car i can take care of the paint and body work before a trade!! Assembly will be the responsibility of the new owner if i let the car go!

My dream car is a 1970 Superbee! This is what i really want!! No junk!! Nice driver for driver. Prefer 440/4spd and of course a posi! I am not in a hurry to let my fish go but i really want a Bee. Show me what you got!!! Oh, NO Harleys!!! I can't stand those loud *** 2 wheel volkswagons ! LOL!...FER SURE NO CHIVVYS!!

I traded my 8sec 1966 Falcon with a 945hp 514 and a powerglide for this Barracuda! I had over $30,000 in the Furd. The previous elderly owner said he had the car valued at this same insured value of $30,000 I can set up talks with the man who built this Barracuda. He has many B-body MoPaRs and lost interests in the car and traded it to me.

Well, here it goes!! Entertain me!!!

Pic of engine bay shows the 6pak that i sold!

cuda.jpg

cudabay.jpg

pic2.jpg

I would love a H code 68 or 69 Barracuda.I would even trade my 70 Limelight Road Runner 62,000 mile unrestored car for one.I see restored H codes and they are usally 30-40 K.
Jim

I have a 68 H code fastback and I would love to get 30k for it! I know the value is no where near that. I bought the car without it`s original 383 though and I`ve come to realize that the real value in these cars is when they are complete and original. Good luck finding your Super Bee.

moparforum/showthread.php?+=517
I don't why but it blocks out some of the address above.this is the part that is blocked out

Interior, undercarriage, trunk and more body/engine bay pix please. Email to
Gromano7471 @ Charter dot net

Thanks,
George

I will post more pics tonite. I know the car will not bring that kinda cash in its present state, but i beleive that it is worth a Bee! I bet there are far less of these A-body "H" code Fastback Barracuda's than Superbee's??? Their value will come soon enough. The engine that is in it is worth a few dimes itself. I was an Idiot for selling the matching 6-pak setup off it! I am not in it for the value. I LOVE my Cuda! I also know that if i let this one go, FAT chance i will ever own another one!!! I just prefer those land yachts that can peel the paint off a Mutstang or a cum-aro when you leave them at the light! LOL! This is a SOLID A-body that is an easy resto. As i posted, i have aquired several parts for this! It is possible for me to purchase a 1968 383 replacement block from a friend of mine.. No vin on those!

The longer i keep it the more the car will be refurbished. May even change my mind! But at this point i am taking offers.

badassram@hotmail.com

Had some clearance problems with the fabbed valvecovers!! Gonna have to put the chrome ones back on!

sept 08 018.jpg

sept 08 019.jpg

sept 08 020.jpg

sept 08 024.jpg

sept 08 026.jpg

sept 08 027.jpg

sept 08 028.jpg

sept 08 032.jpg

sept 08 033.jpg

sept 08 029.jpg

Without looking in the book for a breakdown of engines, I can tell you there were a total of just over 28,000 69 Super Bees built. So yeah, I'd guess there were much fewer "H" code A bodies built

Where was the build sheet?
Was there only one?
I checked for mine behind the glovebox, under back seat...

Keep the 'cuda.

I was offered a 2000 Viper GTS w/48,000miles! Of course he wants it completed. I just got the rest of the body gaskets. I am waiting on the front and rear window seals. Gonna pull it in my shop in the morn and start tearing it down for body and paint. Should be done in a few weeks. Gotta get all that damn Z-bart off the bottom that the org. owner had done. I hate that crap!!! The more i do the less chance of letting it go. This is gonna be a real nice car.=P~

re : "1968 "H" code Fastback Formula S Barracuda"

Anyone have a feel for the value of this in the condition as shown last fall ? Reason I ask : I was offered the same car, except a 69 model (yes, H code) in a swap deal. Original engine is gone, replaced with a built-up 360. I know, that kinda ruins it, but floor and body is in decent (straight) shape except for the one rusty front fender and some bondo in rear quarters. Dash looks like crap, but car is solid. I spent some time underneath inspecting front and rear framerails and saw nothing needed there. Granted, it needs some serious interior work and has been converted from auto to 4 speed, so it's never gonna be 'stock' again ! You numbers guys, what's it worth ? Safe to guess on the low $$ side, won't offend me. I'm just trying to see if it's worth swapping for, thanks.

Once the original drivetrain is gone you have a Barracuda with an H in it`s VIN and that`s about it. In poor condition 5-6K tops?

What was the date on that build sheet? If the car was built in 67, I have a complete 67 383 with 727 still attached, air cleaner to oilpan, even has everything still on the front of the engine. A late 67 build for a 68 model year car makes this a correct application and yes, the A body engine mount holes are there and tapped on the front of the block. I got them a couple of years ago and was told the engine ran. It still turns over, but I never tried to fire it. Make me an offer if you are interested, I listed this setup on another thread with a car built in 67, but havent heard anything from him.

Noel If the car has a buildsheet and or fender tag I would agree with Longgone $6K,But I would disagree its not just another barracuda with a ''H'' in the vin.It is still a real Big Block A body and those are few and far between

Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back