1968 hemi dart, well almost

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
1968 Hemi Dart

813F80D2-58DB-4243-846D-F42DD443B44A.png

So what gave it away, the sideburns ?
I’d like to see what the car looks like now also.

Turned in to a Hemi Dart in 1969, this may very well be a score, since it may have factory stuff like a Hemi A-body k-member, hood, A-100 seats and brackets and other special part available in the first couple of years or as long as these parts lasted.
Or, since no pics of there parts, just another ´68 Dart with cut up rear wheel wells.
Sure would be intersting though, to take a closer look at it...

I think this is just a link to a CL ad. Not sure it belongs to OP
Yes, sorry, not mine, I actually just texted him for current pic and an asking price.
Waiting for reply
If I was closer I’d go check it out

Any word on if it has all the goodies as SSing was stating? Otherwise, except for the history, it’s just another dart that someone cut up. Personally I hate when they cut the wells on the darts. I understand why it happens, I’ve taken sledgehammers to wheel wells of rusty 4x4’s to fit tires, but it’s so much sexier to have those tires tucked up in

The car has a race history having been constructed in 69 it could have potentially been run in SS/B or SS/A, possibly A/MP or B/MP, or even as a Pro Stock car. Finding out the racing history and as raced condition is critical to valuing the car. It’s not an original but it raced as a Hemi Dart in the era and as mentioned may also have some of the factory pieces. Keep in mind that in 69 having the skill to recreate a Hemi Dart for the purpose of going racing required a certain amount of skill, resources, and budget that not many had.

Before discounting this car as some pos Dart with cut rear fenders some research is probably warranted. BTW I like the cut fenders and find over engineered, over tired, tubbed four link cars to be rather vile. Everyone has their own perspective.

I see it has the offset master cylinder plate, hopefully there is more stuff. There is a phone number attached to the link above

Last edited:
I am not discounting the car at all, like I said if it was properly done i.e. with all the bells and whistles, a-100 seats etc, it may be worth it. In my opinion, not 15k. Throw a crate hemi in it and cash in at 30 with some paint. Or throw in that car hauler. Primer front end, realistically 8 grand with ppwk. Solid roller darts go for 2k every day. Is the history worth the money?

Stock www. Photos. I like the tuck look. After you have to fix cut wells, you realize how much less time it takes to cut the axle than replace the quarters. Obviously the tires are different size, but y’all should get the point
B9126BDB-0C4D-4A94-B954-BD7733A57E97.jpeg
702728BE-C50A-4E84-AD98-FDD9E763D006.jpeg

Stock www. Photos. I like the tuck look. After you have to fix cut wells, you realize how much less time it takes to cut the axle than replace the quarters. Obviously the tires are different size, but y’all should get the point View attachment 1715316178View attachment 1715316179
The car was raced in the sixties close to its current state, updating it to look like a modern car is something I would not do. There are plenty of tubbed race cars and pro street cars available, and 68 Darts aren’t in short supply. There are not many factory style hemi darts with a race history going back to 69. I hope whomever buys this respects it’s past and puts it back the way it was. As for the history, without fully understanding what that history may be I don’t know what it’s worth. I do know a quick search on the net confirms that it was raced as a hemi car with a single four barrel at one time. Later in the 80’s the same owner raced a 65 Belvedere hemi car with the same name “Buckeye Brawler” A brief search on moparts showed that the original owner was posting in dec of 2018 under the name buckeye brawler so he may be available to discuss the cars past with anyone interested. If your just looking to cash in and flip it I understand. I am not looking at it from that perspective. It would be a shame to butcher this car up and make it look like any other “pro tour or pro street car” just to flip it for a quick buck.

Last edited:
If it is what it is said to be, I believe the price is right. Kim

Not me, good parts ? / Other than that its a cut up 69 dart, they didn't even do a good job on cutting the fenders either.
The cut fenders on the darts looked bad anyway !

To be honest I prefer Plymouth over Dodges everytime.those 68 cars were amazing cars.I can't believe the work on the Dart rear panels match from side to side let alone from car to car.
I m gonna put a semi in my orange barracuda,but l might not race it much after that,To figure

-
Back