1968 Plymouth Barracuda "Highwaymen Hero Car"

-

Chrisdriver94

Reaction score
Hello at all! I am Christopher and new in this Forum.

I am Looking for the Original 68' Barracuda that was used in the Movie Highwaymen from 2004. I make a lot reseach Work on this car and this is what i Found:

The got for the Movie 4 Cuda's, 2 Hero Cars and 2 Stunt Cars. First Hero Car (what i am Looking for) was a Match 340 4 Speed Car with a 8 3/4 Rare Axel with 3.91 gears the Engine got some tuned up for the Movie Scenes (Other cam,Headers,Heads,Intake and Carb.) The 2. Hero Car was a stock 318 (Fake Hemi inside for the Movie shots.) that was Latter Destroyed in the Herbie Film. The 3. Stunt Car. Was a 318 too that was Destroyed at the End of the Movie. The 4. Stunt Car was Just a Cuda for the Rollover scene at the End with out a Engine or Transmission.

To the 340 Hero Car.
It was after the Movie was done at the New Line Cinema Studios for "Rent a Car" to other Movies. The Car was used then in 2006 on a Episode of Melcome in the Middle (Season 6,Episode 9. "Melcomes First Car") After that the Car was on Ebay up For Sale in 2007 for 5,600 Dollars. Some Lucky Guy buy it and now its Lost... Nobody know where it is now and i Hope that i can find the Owner of it or Find a Nice 68' Fastback Barracuda to make a Replica of it. My Information to the Cars came from 2 Stunt Drivers from the Movie where i am in Contact with.

Thx to be here and I Hope i find something here ^^
Nice Greetings from Germany, Chris :burnout:

Pics Behind the Scenes
highwaymenorangecar_zps24vdrphd.jpg
highwaymenorangecar_ii_zpszj8lkd4b.jpg

WELCOME -- From Pa. -- Lots of good stuff here.

I picked up the movie when a friend told me it had a 68 barracuda in it.
A few things I noticed that were done to the car for the film:
Grant steering wheel
Torque thrust wheels with Goodyear raised white letters
Looks to be a Mach 1 chin spoiler
Blacked out Hemi hood
71 B body bench pistol grip shifter
VDO tach and a couple aftermarket guages
Wood console with cup holders
Half a dozen CB and scanners stacked up under dash on trans hump
Simpson 5 point harness's
Aftermarket door mirror
Hemi hockey stick stripes
Roll bar

I picked up the movie when a friend told me it had a 68 barracuda in it.
A few things I noticed that were done to the car for the film:
Grant steering wheel
Torque thrust wheels with Goodyear raised white letters
Looks to be a Mach 1 chin spoiler
Blacked out Hemi hood
71 B body bench pistol grip shifter
VDO tach and a couple aftermarket guages
Wood console with cup holders
Half a dozen CB and scanners stacked up under dash on trans hump
Simpson 5 point harness's
Aftermarket door mirror
Hemi hockey stick stripes
Roll bar

The Tires was Goodyear Eagle GT II . (Dont know the size)
The other Aftermarket gauges for Oil,Temp and Oil Pressure was from Stewart Warner.
VDO Tach was from a VW aftermarket tuning set and goes to 8k RPM

I am Looking for the Original 68' Barracuda that was used in the Movie Highwaymen from 2004. I make a lot reseach Work on this car and this is what i Found:

The got for the Movie 4 Cuda's, 2 Hero Cars and 2 Stunt Cars. First Hero Car (what i am Looking for) was a Match 340 4 Speed Car with a 8 3/4 Rare Axel with 3.91 gears the Engine got some tuned up for the Movie Scenes (Other cam,Headers,Heads,Intake and Carb.) The 2. Hero Car was a stock 318 (Fake Hemi inside for the Movie shots.) that was Latter Destroyed in the Herbie Film. The 3. Stunt Car. Was a 318 too that was Destroyed at the End of the Movie. The 4. Stunt Car was Just a Cuda for the Rollover scene at the End with out a Engine or Transmission.

To the 340 Hero Car.
It was after the Movie was done at the New Line Cinema Studios for "Rent a Car" to other Movies. The Car was used then in 2006 on a Episode of Melcome in the Middle (Season 6,Episode 9. "Melcomes First Car") After that the Car was on Ebay up For Sale in 2007 for 5,600 Dollars. Some Lucky Guy buy it and now its Lost... Nobody know where it is now and i Hope that i can find the Owner of it or Find a Nice 68' Fastback Barracuda to make a Replica of it. My Information to the Cars came from 2 Stunt Drivers from the Movie where i am in Contact with.

Pics Behind the Scenes
highwaymenorangecar_zps24vdrphd.jpg
highwaymenorangecar_ii_zpszj8lkd4b.jpg

tumblr_oou6gutKPY1v28idlo1_400.jpg

I l’ve nevere seen the film, but would like to. I know the film credits say ‘68 Barracuda, and not that it matters, but isn’t that a ‘67? No side markers in the rear.

Clip

Still nothing new? I am thinking about to selling my '70 Coronet to buy a '68 Fastback to Built a Highwaymen/B029 Tribute Car.

Thats a badass movie! and i seen the episode of malcom in the middle too, didnt know it was the same car.

I found out they got one 340 (Hero Car) one 318 Stunt Car that later was Wrecked in Herbie Movie and one with no Drivetrain that was used in the end and the Rollover scene.

I still try to find the Rental company where the 340 came from and was later used for one Melcome in the Middle Episode and in the background from Crininal Minds.
I only know the Company was in the states and they maintaned by guys in canada. Movie was shot in Canada, Ontario and parts of the mid west in the states.

Melcolm in the Middle, Season 6, Episode 9 (Malcolm's Car)
609malcolm_000351_c46.jpg

Criminal Minds, Seasion 2, Episode 15 (Revelations)
i001268416.jpg

This is the 318 Stunt Car that was Wrecked in Herbie: Fully Loaded from 2005. The Cadillac the use in Highwaymen was in there too.
i011800.jpg

i011803.jpg

To the 340 Hero Car.

Pics Behind the Scenes
View attachment 1715439476

View attachment 1715439477
Today is your lucky day I found the car today a friend of mine that lives in Ohio bought the car he’s been trying to buy it for several years and finally got it bought it was sitting in a garage covered up with newspapers I don’t know if u will ever see this comment Christopher or not but I hope so !

I don’t know if he has an email address or not but I’ll try to find out but I doubt he will sell it he says he’s been trying to buy it for 8 years and finally got the call a few days ago this guy has several other old cars I wasn’t sure what city he went to pick it up in but I don’t think it was very far from us

I don’t know if he has an email address or not but I’ll try to find out but I doubt he will sell it he says he’s been trying to buy it for 8 years and finally got the call a few days ago this guy has several other old cars I wasn’t sure what city he went to pick it up in but I don’t think it was very far from us
I don’t wanna buy it I just want to be in contact with the owner. I searched for this car 7 years. :)

Oh ok I’ll see what I can do I thought u said u tried to buy it as well what city was it in when u did that? We’re in southeast Ohio

-
Back