1968 SS Hemi Barracuda Decals?

-

SSing

Reaction score
Hi,

As part of the recreation of a SS/B Barracuda, I pay much attention to details.

When it comes to decals, we know the one on the A-post, and the one back side the glove compartment door.

Was there other decals on these cars when leaving Hurst. Possibly the one (jack instructions) inside trunk lid. Possibly the coolant decal on radiator support in the engine compartment.
This of cause has to do with when these areas were painted.
A clarification on how the body was painted and when, would also be interesting, since like I say, this has to do with the decals being in place or not.

No assumptions please, I still have a few left of them of my own :) So better no comment, than wrong information...

Thank You
Stefan

Ok thanks, do you mind showing us what it looks like?
Jim Schild book has a section on decals. He quotes there were three decals. The yellow warranty disclaimer, the A post decal and a large "HOT" sticker was attached to the upper center windshield on the inside.
It had any information like the 3 digit built date, special order number and who's the car for. all hand written.

Jim Schild book has a section on decals. He quotes there were three decals. The yellow warranty disclaimer, the A post decal and a large "HOT" sticker was attached to the upper center windshield on the inside.
It had any information like the 3 digit built date, special order number and who's the car for. all hand written.

cuda 72.jpg

Yes, and about the warranty disclaimer, they were placed a little different on the side glass and front wind shield, not or not only on the glove department door.
The SS Guide doesn´t mention anything about a Jack Instruction Decal in the trunk, or a Antifreeze Decal on the rad support. Maybe this was done when car came to the dealer in some cases...

I think I can check one more detail, from this long list over details of how these cars came from Hurst.
I have a few pictures showing the Jack Instruction Decal in the trunk lid, but there is a possibility this decal and the Anti Freeze Decal on the rad support was put there by the dealer.
This picture however of the Heads Up Barracuda, clearly shows the decal, and I think this car was one of the first to be picked up and raced, witch may indicate this decal was put on by Hurst.
Either way I have one waiting to be put on...
20180111_101259.jpg

-
Back