1968 valiant/6 rear leaf spring hangers

-

Mopar Momzee

Reaction score
Just removed the leaf springs and noticed that there’s only 2 bolts per side that hold the rear of the leaf spring into place. Just curious is this on all a body’s, and has anyone done any changes or added 4 bolts.
E613FA35-56CB-4CC1-9E75-6509557C49EF.jpeg

So up under the car there’s only 2 threaded holes and the other 2 are open holes

Both my cars (slant 6) only have 2 bolts per side. The threads are on a heavy square plate behind the sheet metal. If you look close at your picture, you can see the spot welds that hold it in. I think the brackets are the same, but flipped over for the other side. If I remember right, the "missing" holes are NOT on the same centers as the drilled ones. The "boxes" and the back 18" on my '72 are completely rusted out. Think I have a fix, but need to find someone that is a better welder than me.

I believe all of them including the big block cars were the same. This was not just a slant 6 thing. The end of the leaf spring that takes the most abuse is the front end. The back end is along for the ride.

Yes i saw that u are correct, just wanted to know if that was the standard and get some ideas what if any changes people have done. Sounds like nothing. Thank you

I believe all of them including the big block cars were the same. This was not just a slant 6 thing. The end of the leaf spring that takes the most abuse is the front end. The back end is along for the ride.
Well that saves me some work and now can start the clean up.

The only thing I have seen folks do is use polyurethane bushings, and beefier shackles. I suppose with all that, you can run 4 bolts per side, and tighten it up.

Nice clean car. Wish our 69 barracuda was as unmolested as your valiant. Do y'all want to sell the thumbwheel radio out of it?

I’ll keep u in mind but I’m thinking he’s keeping it all original and he won’t even let me touch the paint. So it’s a full drivetrain resto for now.

-
Back