1968 vs. 1969 Valiant rear glass weatherstrip

-

gregcon

Reaction score
I'm looking for a rear glass weatherstrip/gasket/seal for a 68 Valiant 2DR sedan. I think the part number is 2841826.

Steel Rubber carries this for the 1969 Valiant 2 DR sedan but they claim it's different than a '68....but of course can't tell me why it's different.

Classic Industries lists one for 68-72 Valiants but when I asked them if they were sure it fit a 68 they claimed to have no real basis for their listing.

Does anyone have any better knowledge of this? Does anyone have one for sale, etc.?

Thanks!

any idea if it's the same as the 4 door? i'm not home to check where i got mine from, but perfect fit. i'll check when i get a chance. think i got it from classic...

any idea if it's the same as the 4 door? i'm not home to check where i got mine from, but perfect fit. i'll check when i get a chance. think i got it from classic...

Thanks. According to the parts book from 1968 the 4 and 2 doors use the same weatherstrip and glass. The Classic part is backordered and almost $400 but if it works...

The Steel part is under $200 and appears to be in stock. But if it doesn't fit...

thinking about it, i'm almost certain i got it from Dante's.
might be late tomorrow but i'll let you know for sure. when the body shop went to install them (front and back), they told me they were both wrong. they weren't, the glass guy at the shop had just never done on before :rolleyes:

OK, I appreciate it!

I looked at Dante's and they do list them. I think I'll call him Monday AM...

Last edited:
-
Back