1968 Woodgrain rallye steering wheel questions

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a woodgrain steering wheel with the horn cap and horn cap retainer.

shopping

260-WC69_500x.jpg

260-BT_500x.jpg

Is there a horn switch or something I need to purchase as well? The car I have has an old crappy aftermarket wheel so I don't have an original horn switch. Is there anything else I need to be able to install the wheel?

Also do you guys know if this is the correct emblem for the horn pad? Thanks!

41PXHnCraVL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Is this it right here? I kept searching for horn ring unintentionally instead of horn switch but now I'm thinking this is what I'm missing.

2822126_main-01-1.jpg

That is the correct emblem for the horn pad if your car is a Plymouth.
Dodge and Barracuda are different.

I believe 68 Barracuda had the Plymouth emblem not the Barracuda emblem in the cap, I believe 69 had the fish

Thanks guys that clears everything up. I like the plymouth emblem more than the barracuda emblem so I'm glad it's supposed to be that way for 68.

Just annoyed with myself that I was thinking horn switch but typing horn ring the whole time and couldn't find it. Wound up finding the switch and retainer on ebay as a package. Would have saved me $70 if I found it first. Oh well.

Also in case anyone ever wants to buy the horn button and emblem at the same time, Vans Auto has them as a package for much cheaper than you can get at the rest of the sites separately.

-
Back